ASG 10/22 Special Teams Carbine... any good?

Happy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title (sort of) states, does any one have any experience with this rifle?

From what I can tell it's a clone/rebrand of the KJ Works KC-02 but is it fully compatible with the same parts?

Looking at building a gas DMR and my first option (the KC-02) is out of stock everywhere I've looked. If this is as similar as it seems then I'm laughing.

P.s. Please don't start advising me on AEG DMRs. They're too complex for me. I find gas rifles much easier to work on.

Guest PT247

Yup and with a few mods it is an amazing gun. I have a KC-02 which is now very customised. Is probs my favorite gun although probably gets used the least strangely.

If you get one I suggest buying the 3D printed VSR hop up chamber for it from Shapeways and fitting a VSR bucking/inner barrel. I have also fitted a CNC aluminium piston and am waiting to order a CNC'd aluminium bolt too. Mine has a hand carved custom thumbhole wooden stock but you can also fit real steel stocks with very minor mods.

DSC_0290_zpsolfdr6ap.jpg

Cheers for the replies guys :)

Guessing that's a real wood stock PT? Looks pretty sweet though would personally go for a darker/redder coloured wood.

Guest PT247

aye. The chap who carved it for me does them with different dyes so he can stain them darker if that floats your boat more.

Add yourself on the owners page on Facebook it's ran by arron who knows everything about them and even did a test where his 10/22 was shooting as far,consistent as a fully upgraded vsr.

Don't insult RATech though, you'll get your guts scooped out with a spoon by the Americans in that group. Even if with RAT stuff you may as well just set fire to your money.

Guest PT247

not on about the RAT stuff. The owners are very active on making improvements to the KC-02 and have designed a replacement bolt themselves.... they also came up with the 3D printed VSR hop chamber for it too. Fantastic bunch of folk.

not on about the RAT stuff. The owners are very active on making improvements to the KC-02 and have designed a replacement bolt themselves.... they also came up with the 3D printed VSR hop chamber for it too. Fantastic bunch of folk.

I'm looking at the HurricaneJoh Stainless Steel one myself, got one of his early plastic ones in mine and its amazing. Won't ever be getting a KF piston though, after someone on the group was going to sell one 2nd hand in the UK, and KF basically told him not to. He is the epitome of a conceited tosser.

Guest PT247

I found my 3D printed bolt to be too light which was annoying as it took some tinkering to get it to work. Have you seen the RogueWorx Airsoft prototype bolt? It looks sooooo much nicer than the 3D printed stuff!

13691087_1022721811181458_65785945092955

and comes anodised any colour you could want! :-)

I'm well happy with my KF piston, and if I ever wanted to sell it (which I won't) I'd not listen to a chap in America telling me not to as it is none of his business. I can understand why he'd be mifffed if I hijacked a thread aimed at him but an independent sale is nothing he could control. I had a few extra 3D printed VSR chambers as Shapeways messed up my order so I sold one of them on the facebook page with no issues.

Archived