Best SCAR-L?

Struv1984
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to purchase a Scar-L. I currently have a G&G CM16 which has been great, but I want to upgrade to a better rifle. I like the look of the Scar and with the L model I hoping to be able to use my M4 mags. Can people recommend a good Scar-L. There are so many brands to choose from and I'm getting mixed reviews. Can anyone share their experience? I mainly want to increase the range compared to the CM16.

• Supporters

The G&G is decent and uses normal mags. The TM is great but needs it's own mags for the bolt stop on empty function to work.

If you have the cash, Tokyo Marui all the way. Failing that, the VFC's really nice. The internals aren't anything particularly fancy but the externals are amazing!

Thanks for the comments guys. With the TM and the lower FPS, does this have much of an impact on the range? I appreciate that FPS isn't the only factor in what effects the range, but I'm finding with my CM16 my range isn't that great compared to others. I play mainly in wooded environments and I want something that I can at least compete with other players.

Marui + magic Japanese HOP fairies = range.

Don't worry about range with Marui, lad.

Fired a TM SCAR-H recently and it was absolutely spot-on.

Rose coloured glasses plus urban legends = same range as any other decent stock gun with the hop set up properly.

"HOP set up properly" if, of course, decent stock gun company has provided quality internals that don't need instantly swapping out...

As much as I love a battle of opinions, I've said mine, am content in the knowledge not everyone agrees. Considering it was a TM-SCAR-based query...

• Supporters

"HOP set up properly" if, of course, decent stock gun company has provided quality internals that don't need instantly swapping out...

As much as I love a battle of opinions, I've said mine, am content in the knowledge not everyone agrees. Considering it was a TM-SCAR-based query...

Very few of the main manufacturers really need anything swapping out lately and any of the 3 models mentioned are a good buy.

I just hate the TM fairy dust myth because it's total garbage.

Archived