Adjusting hop up on aw308

Death fighter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If your talking about the sniper i linked then i suggest you adjust it all the way up as you need to be using .4 geoffs if you expect any consistency and range with it. I suggest you turn it up all the way and use .4 geoff bbs then zero your scope at so you can shoot the top off flowers at close range then you should have a decent sniper for moderate sniping. If you dont get enough consistency or range i suggest you upgrade the barrel and hop up and do some of the air seal mods to get consistent fps.

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-rifles-c38/sniper-rifles-c47/aw-308-sniper-rifle-black-p188

0.4g is possibly over kill, and get anything but Geoff's, shoot those at people you deserve to get thumped, as they disintegrate on impacts with even soft targets. And before anyone tries to claim that the batch I tested a few years ago have been improved upon, they haven't I bought another bag a few weeks ago, still doing the same 2 years later. Another bag in the bin.

0.4g is possibly over kill, and get anything but Geoff's, shoot those at people you deserve to get thumped, as they disintegrate on impacts with even soft targets. And before anyone tries to claim that the batch I tested a few years ago have been improved upon, they haven't I bought another bag a few weeks ago, still doing the same 2 years later. Another bag in the bin.

Really man? they must have improved or your firing above 600 fps i have used many bbs with my sniper and these have had mad improvement they seem to retain energy better than most .43s they hit harder. here's a recent video on them

Also deffo use .4s in my opinion the heavier the bb the more they will hold their energy for long distance you need this with a non fully upgraded gun especially.

And again last thing i would say is deffo turn the hop all the way up i doubt it will be too much it will probably be just enough.

• Supporters

That's weird. I grabbed a 0.40 and a 0.36 and tried to leave a mark on them with my nails. I couldn't. I could break them with pliers. Are you sure you are not talking about some other brand?

• Supporters

a .43g BB will retain energy EXACTLY THE SAME as any other .43g BB.

Materials/packaging cannot alter physics and 'seem to hold their energy better' is literally meaningless without any kind of data or testing to back it up.

Make recommendations based upon fact and not subjective airsoftisms please!

Guest PT247

Geoff's BBs are one of the best brands I've used. Never had any issues although I normally use 0.43g Proballs in my VSR the 0.4g Geoff's are ace in my Mk23 and KC-02.

Materials/packaging cannot alter physics and 'seem to hold their energy better' is literally meaningless without any kind of data or testing to back it up.

Lol well i could do a scientific test if i cared enough i shoot bottle with .43s that should hold more energy they bounce off. I shoot with the .4s they go through all the way almost. I never stated it as fact thats why i said "seem" think about it. "Seem" "seem" you seem to have not read that part... "seem"

• Supporters

Not entirely true, a bb thats badly made with say an air bubble on one side could have a less stable rotation so would lose energy faster than a good bb with a more stable rotation.

Also a bb that is less polished might create more friction as less slippy through the air.

But these could only be proved by a tightly controlled lab test so I would have to concur that the statement is probably b*llocks. Sorry Padraig

I QUOTED that part.

Seem is meaningless. Lots of people seem to think their guns will hit someone at 100M, doesn't make it so.

Well listen yh if your so confident im wrong i'll test the 2 weights of bbs on you and you can tell me which hits harder lol but seriously 100% the difference in the impact is noticeable i will film it maybe on the weekend a .43 bouncing off a bottle and the .4 geoff going through straight to the other side probably and its not a velocity issue as the .43 is still exceeding 330fps

• Supporters

I don't need you to take a video, the LAWS OF PHYSICS state that it's not possible for a .40 to hit harder than a .43 at any distance.

They both start with the same energy and the .40 will lose that energy faster than the .43 because of wind resistance (it'll be going marginally faster to begin with and thus generating more drag).

I don't need you to take a video, the LAWS OF PHYSICS state that it's not possible for a .40 to hit harder than a .43 at any distance.

They both start with the same energy and the .40 will lose that energy faster than the .43 because of wind resistance (it'll be going marginally faster to begin with and thus generating more drag).

In perfect conditions this is correct you seem to forget there are a 1000 different variables that could affect this based on a bbs manufacturing standards and travelling through a medium such as air. So you be right and wrong the 0.03 probably doesn't counteract inferior standards of production though so yh. If i was comparing a .3 to .43 yes 100% you would be correct. Stop giving me motivation to prove you wrong lol.

• Supporters

There aren't 1,000 variables at all, you've got mass and drag... that's it! It's not me you'll be proving wrong, it's James Prescott Joule that you'll be proving wrong if you can somehow prove that a .40g projectile of identical dimensions to a .43g projectile somehow slows down LESS when fired through the exact same medium.

As for .03 of a gram not making much difference... it's a 7.5% increase in mass from 0.40g to 0.43g, that's a SIGNIFICANT amount.

Your experiential assessment that a .40g Geoffs 'carries energy better' is simply your perception, there is no physical way it can happen.

If you want to try and prove me wrong by measuring the velocity of a .40 at the muzzle and then again at 30 metres then do the same with a .43, go ahead... but I 100% guarantee at the 30m point the .43 will be going faster than the .40.

Archived