Ares scar L

sanguinus0014
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all. Looking at buying myself an Ares Scar-L from Zero one with launcher. Think it's up at 525 Atm. Anyone got experience with this or advice? What is it like in terms of range and accuracy out the box? Which spring will be best site limit is 350 fps. Also is it expensive to maintain? Any opinions welcome

I had an Ares Scar a few year ok, it's ok out of the box. The gearbox has a quick change spring set up so you can get the fps you require very easily. Downsides are the amount of proprietary parts that can make replacements difficult. In the end I sold it and got a VFC, which has a much nicer finish, and meant I could fit a BTC Spectre (which won't go into an Ares).

The EGLM looks nice but the mechanism for activating the moscarts isn't the best, it doesn't produce much leverage so requires a stiff trigger pull which torques the whole thing. I was always afraid the required force would eventually break the trigger. Again, I now have the VFC EGLM which doesn't have this problem.

For that money, I would go for the VFC or Marui. If you intend to work on the gearbox, I'd get the Marui over the VFC as the next gen gearboxes are a lot easier to work on.

I'd second what everyone else has said, go for a VFC or a Tokyo Marui. If you still got your heart set on the Ares one though, the forum actually has an 'app' which can give you a guide on what spring will provide what power. Going by that, for less than 350fps, an M100 will get the job done - but an M90 might give you a more 'versatile' power.

Thank you all for you're answers you've been helpful I will look into your suggestions. I've only really had entry level guns and think I've improved to a point now where I need a gun with decent accuracy and range to suit me

Thank you.

Archived