V3 gearbox cycling twice on semi

Doad13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help me out.

I have an ICS G33 which is intermittently (80/20) cycling twice when the trigger is pulled in semi. These are two rounds at full power rather than two weak ones or one firing and one dropping out.

I have checked the cut off lever which appears to be working fine. I have changed the selector plate & tappet plate. Anti reversal catch seems fine.

Any suggestions on what it could be?

Cheers in advance!

True but cycling it by hand the cut off lever seems to disengage correctly. I'll look into getting one though :) any other parts that might be worthwhile getting since postage is going to be the same as the part?

• Supporters

Nah there's no MOSFET on it. One thing I was thinking is could it be due to the fps / spring being low? Its only firing at around 270.

That might have a part to play in it if pushing 9.6v or 11.1v on a knackered spring with worn cut off lever

tbh - I don't think it is that easy to fit a jumbo mofo lipo's in there

but ICS motor's - well the M4's do run a bit quicker than G&G M4's with lame 18k motors

So it could be 6 of one & half a dozen of the other

you need to post up as much info as possible on stuff

battery, rps, fps blah blah blah

your drop in fps could most likely be a worn piston o-ring as well as a faded spring if the gun is used

which if used then yeah cut off lever also sounds worthy of investigation

As Samurai said - you don't see the wear until you compare a new replacement = f*ck me its knackered !!!

v2 pic on the net to demonstrate:

P1170065cut-offlevers_s_zps18d3670c.jpg

please note also that they are of a different make and they do vary a bit like most stuff tappet plates, selector plates, cut off, even trigger switch too - plus exessive play in worn 2 piece triggers - not causing semi issues but some bits in some boxes are nigh on $hit to fit in properly

The cut off levers are from different makes - the new one is not so rounded at lever's lifting lug, the guides on the arm itself isn't so rounded, the spring mount is squarer so the operation will need to be checked thoroughly when fitting

Think it is a cheapy oem cut off - reckon maybe big dragon/acm from say taiwangun - looks similar to some bits I got

deffo not a new shs cut off lever

Cheers for the info!

Fps is around 270.

Battery is a turnigy nano-tech 1800mah 7.4v lipo, 25c-50c (deans connection)

RPS not sure of.

Sounds like a new cut off lever, spring, and possibly the piston O ring.

• Supporters

running stock internals even with deans and stuff you probably only hitting 16 to 18rps absolute max @ say 300fps

so yeah cut off lever needs further investigating as Samurai said

o-ring could be crap & spring on a 250mm or so G36c - m110 should do you on a g33 with a 263mm barrel

wouldn't go any higher in case she runs too hot

so yeah new o-ring & spring wouldn't hurt while you got her open

sounds a weak spring ain't helping if she fires twice on 7.4v 25c with that fps too

Archived