RiF UKARA -- Ruining my enjoyment

ik0uuu
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

You can enjoy the sport with a two tone or with the suggested legal ways. Trying to find a way to go against the law is what jeopardizes our hobby so that's what's frowned upon and that's the kind of players we don't want. That's the law. No matter how stupid it is we still have to stick to it.

• Supporters

Pretty sure you misunderstood me ImTriggerHappy, and turning me away from the sport because you mis-understood? Right.. okay - I think you're more of the type of player that we don't need in airsoft - rude. I'm not even going to try to explain what I was saying - what you said wasn't what I was getting at.

Like I said ImTriggerHappy, you can't read.. "to my guardian". Did I ever say sell it to me? Nope.

Apologizing for the triple post -- ImTriggerHappy, funny how me wishing to enjoy the sport and trying to find a means of doing so is allowing you to make judgements about my character, though.

Actually you did mention someone selling you a gun because you believe that although under 18 you have a defence, which you dont.

Then you mentioned someone selling to your guardian who also does not have a defence and even offered a monetary reward for the fact they were helping you circumvent the law.

As for casting aspersions on your character damn right I did but it's all based on your posts.

You can call me rude all you like it doesn't matter because I am right and you are wrong so I win. Also plenty of people within the airsoft community know me personally and I generally get on with most of them (unless I am on the opposite side then I get called nasty names a fair bit).

Anyway I am bored now so I am off to look at which RIF I am going to buy next with my UKARA number.

• Supporters

In fact many on here including moi started out with a 2-tone

and numerous posts how we remember it all

plus we have said numerous times how we respect and not pre-judge players with 2-tones

I think the only people who look down on 2-toners are non defense people looking to obtain RIF's with no regard to vcra & ukara that actually allows our sport to continue

consider these options....

Australia - airsoft is banned

USA - even bad ass mofo's have to have orange tips on their toy guns

Germany - much lower fps rules than UK

So in respect to other places - our sport or toy gun hobby - whatever way you look at it

It isn't THAT bad the way it is regulated

I'm done I think, no point wasting my time trying to explain it any more

To the OP: you seem like a good kid and you are clearly well-educated, but the other posters are correct to be annoyed so don't take it to heart. Think of getting a RIF as a right of passage... Something you have to earn. Kids these days are all about 'gimme gimme' and 'now now'... Relax and enjoy being young dammit! :) Being young gives you so much more than a RIF, like kneeling down to shoot and not taking 5 minutes to stand up again! I wish I was your age with your problem... I would gladly trade.

buy a two tone and change out the painted parts.... :)

m4's normally have the hand guard and stock painted....very easy/cheap to buy new ones (black)

He can't. :D

But if he had one he'd have a defence to manufacturing. :)

Handguard and stock = not 51%. :(

Guest PT247

idiot... have you not read ANY of the posts on here stating this forum does NOT condone breaking the law?

• Supporters

oh right......

just go on the website and say you're over 18... problem solved lol....

Yeah lets just go on an internet forum and tell children how to get round the vcra. That way when rifs finally get banned by some hippie politician after a chav child takes someones eye out in the street we can all be in the same boat.

Bloody moron.

I have deleted my "idiotic"/"moronic" posts....

didn't realize the entire hobby of airsoft could be jeopardized by one forum post....

insulting other forum members is also against forum rules... i thought you hubards never broke any rules in your entire life? oh dear :/

Custom 2 tones is a bit of a mine field. The M4 Asimov pictured above wouldn't be classed as a 2 tone as white isn't one of the designated colours. The red Specna is fine. There is also the problem that some camos, even if done in the correct colours still would be appropriate as the colour has to be in block form (so I've been told recently as I was looking into hydro dipped 2 tones). Prickly subject as always however some folk would rather own a two tone than hire a gun each game day.

• Supporters

I have deleted my "idiotic"/"moronic" posts....

didn't realize the entire hobby of airsoft could be jeopardized by one forum post....

insulting other forum members is also against forum rules... i thought you hubards never broke any rules in your entire life? oh dear :/

One post won't but the consequences of one bad piece of advice might.

You insulted yourself with that post we just gave you an honest description of your actions.

Yeah we have probably all broken rules but are not daft enough to post it on the internet. You do realise he was offering to pay people over the odds to supply him a rif. No matter how you look at it thats soliciting someone to commit a crime and thats on this forum for the whole world to see.

Custom 2 tones is a bit of a mine field. The M4 Asimov pictured above wouldn't be classed as a 2 tone as white isn't one of the designated colours. The red Specna is fine. There is also the problem that some camos, even if done in the correct colours still would be appropriate as the colour has to be in block form (so I've been told recently as I was looking into hydro dipped 2 tones). Prickly subject as always however some folk would rather own a two tone than hire a gun each game day.

I'm glad to hear this from you, as I had been itching to point this out to you for a long while, but I didn't give you the fairest shake when you arrived - but now someone's put you in your place (I know nothing about that), it's good to address to as an equal at last. :)

And good to hear you talk about this, I imagine now you're making a business of it you're consulting a lawyer to get this opinion? I would hope the yellow gun above is two-tone, though I can see how the red one might not be "bright red" or might not be a solid enough block of red.

Though to be fair, MANY airsoft retailers don't use "bright" colours, ie lime green, neon purple, cyan, yellow, etc.

Can you give us some examples of your custom two-tones which have been approved - or you believe to be approved?

I'm going to chime in here with a question for you guys (I don't want to respond to the other thread)

But the two tone discussion is interesting to me as in Ireland we have no limitations like this.

First off OP based on your second thread.... Please don't buy a 2 tone Krytac that just sounds so wrong.

For the rest of you my question is around the import or equipment. I've bought quite a bit of gear from the UK and we have a 1 joule limit. So I downgrade as it arrives of required .

Where do you guys stand on buying a RIF in say southern Ireland is it buyers responsibility to then have it sprayed?

If you are over 18 are you okay to have RIF or do you need to be registered still.

Finally is it policed with someone checking if you're a member when playing or is it just at point of sale?

Where do you guys stand on buying a RIF in say southern Ireland is it buyers responsibility to then have it sprayed?

If you are over 18 are you okay to have RIF or do you need to be registered still.

Finally is it policed with someone checking if you're a member when playing or is it just at point of sale?

1. The UK customer would be "importing", so yes. If you refer to buying and keeping in ROI - I'm sorry to have to break it to you but Ireland is a completely different country.

2. You don't need to be registered with anyone in the United Kingdom to 'have' a realistic imitation firearm nor do you need to be over 18 - this goes for IFs too.

3. Just point of sale or import, and then for adults only, though any airsofter can make an IF into a RIF with the airsoft defence. And, there are other defences besides the airsoft defence.

1. The UK customer would be "importing", so yes. If you refer to buying and keeping in ROI - I'm sorry to have to break it to you but Ireland is a completely different country.

Thanks for pointing out that ROI is interdependent to the UK for a it appears I have been confused for the past 28 years :P

What I mean is if someone in the UK buys a RIF in Ireland does it need to be sprayed before coming in to the UK or can you get it and then you mush get it sprayed.

Thanks for pointing out that ROI is interdependent to the UK for a it appears I have been confused for the past 28 years :P

What I mean is if someone in the UK buys a RIF in Ireland does it need to be sprayed before coming in to the UK or can you get it and then you mush get it sprayed.

All I meant was this is a UK forum, with most knowledge about the UK. :)

As far as I know when it comes to importing airsoft guns IF/RIF are treated the same.

Don't mean to be rude :), take your pick of threads on and with answers to this very question.

Long story short, real father from the forces has agreed to play with me until he gets UKARAd even though it's awkward for me to get across the country to him to play - he's going to buy the rifle in black and give it to me once he's registered.

/thread

Long story short, real father from the forces has agreed to play with me until he gets UKARAd even though it's awkward for me to get across the country to him to play - he's going to buy the rifle in black and give it to me once he's registered.

/thread

3 months later:

"Sorry Son, I like airsoft too much, I'm keeping your my Black gun but here's the two-tone I bought when I started out."

Archived