G17 Barrel for Woodland

Crashtest33
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys/gals.

Looking to add some range to my woodland Glock and am considering putting the HiCapa 7" barrel inside the new Guarder compact pistol silencer.

Has anyone tried this and would the extra 3 inches make a good amount of difference? (insert pun here).

Charz

• Supporters

I would say - get the biggest bloody silencer you can, then throw the longest barrel that fits... Ive seen a mk 23 with a SMG barrel inside that silencer it has, and it had some impressive range. Not as impressive as my 50m shot with my C02 Colt SAAR this past weekend, but whatever :)

I only looked at the Guarder pistol silencer because it only weighs 45g. Will a massive silencer not drag on the slide and grind it to a halt?!

I think the 7" is the largest Glock-fitment barrel before the VSR10! Now that would look mental!! Lol

You may have to cut it down!

Does anyone do a carbon suppressor?

Found ally blanking plugs and carbon tube.

Gonna make my own!!

Which other barrels have gbb/vsr10 fitment that are longer than gbb and shorter than vsr10?

• Supporters

Hi guys/gals.

Looking to add some range to my woodland Glock and am considering putting the HiCapa 7" barrel inside the new Guarder compact pistol silencer.

Has anyone tried this and would the extra 3 inches make a good amount of difference? (insert pun here).

Charz

Try an I key works wonders. I had an I key in my standard hop and it was excellent. I've since upgraded and now using a Maple Leaf hop chamber with an I key and PDI barrel. The range is ridiculous even using it with .28s

That sounds interesting. What is the 'I Key'?

I currently have a UAC Hop unit, Laylax Prometheus bucking and PDI .01 barrel.

I've ordered my barrel extension/silencer and was looking at a PDI Raven 6.01 303mm VSR barrel. Only £25 atm! (Cut to length obviously)

Well I've always found them to perform better than 6.01s.
Personally never rated the extreme tightbores like that; a 6.03 is as small as I'd go myself.

• Supporters

You can. I’ve tested mine with .20s and up. I’ve found that with .25s it’s really good

• Supporters

Dead easy mate. it’s literally as simple as taking your hop apart, placing the I key underneath your hop arm and putting it all back together. It can be a little tricky if the hop arm is the newer version then you have to place it where it should sit and put your hop arm on top of it.

• Supporters

Here's mine, you can see the red I key between the silver hop arm.

IMAG1514_zpscczewgh9.jpg

Combine with a 8-10" 6.03mm barrel inside a silencer and you're good to go then?!

• Supporters

Keep in mind that putting a silencer on a tilting barrel gun like a glock is going to do BAD things to your gas efficiency and cycle speed.

Barrel length != accuracy and range.

Also, finding a holster for a suppressed pistol is a pain in the ass and it'll slow your draw speed down massively.

Should work fine with a TM as well.

Nobody has any stock. Wondering if they're discontinued??

Struggling to find a 240mm barrel with a vsr/g17/hicapa fitment.

Found a 303mm but I'd have to cut & crown it with my CNC. Anyone know the angle?

Found a 303mm but I'd have to cut & crown it with my CNC. Anyone know the angle?

if you go on x fire they'll do it for you :)

And the only i keys i can find are in asia with £6 flat rate shipping which is annoying and the stores don't have anything else I want.

• Supporters

Nobody has any stock. Wondering if they're discontinued??

I've got a spare one dude, it's one of those items that soon as it comes in stock it's gone again

• Supporters

I use a 120 degree countersink bit then soften the edges with a diamond file.

Final and most important thing is to polish it to make it mirror smooth and even. Get it slightly off and you will get a nice curve on your bbs.

Word to the wise for anyone reading this, if you can't cut an even crown and polish properly it's best just to leave it straight cut and remove the burrs with emery cloth.

Archived