Raido and channels

Ross49
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all I need some advice

Me and my team mates are looking at getting radio gear for on the field but not sure how the channels work my mate said that there are only 8 public frequencys that can be used is this correct? So of there are more than 8 teams with raido gest there will be cross over?

Hope that makes sense and some one can correct us if we are wrong

Thanks

Ross

Hi Ross,

I will be putting sone radios up for sale this weekend :) (now for sale under gear for sale http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/31898-radios/#entry248273 )

The fee for using the other type of radio is £75 for 5 years.

I have both pmr and licensed radios up for grabs :)

More info is in the radio guide

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/31144-radios-guide/?fromsearch=1

Read my radio guide and decide if you want to go licensed or PMR route. Licensed with a simple business license has 12 usable frequencies whereas PMR analogue has 8 channels. If you have lots and lots of money to burn then there is also digital PMR which is 16 channels but its still limited to 0.5W and no one else is going to have a digital radio they are extremely rare due to their price.

• Supporters

With most of the pmr handsets, with each of the 8 pmr channels you can use 32 ctcss modes. So let's say you are on channel 1 with ctcss 1. Everyone on the channel 1 can hear you if they don't have ctcss enabled and everyone on channel 1 and ctcss 1 can communicate with you. But you only hear others on channel 1 ctcss 1. So this way even though you are using the same channel as others they won't bother you.

With most of the pmr handsets, with each of the 8 pmr channels you can use 32 ctcss modes. So let's say you are on channel 1 with ctcss 1. Everyone on the channel 1 can hear you if they don't have ctcss enabled and everyone on channel 1 and ctcss 1 can communicate with you. But you only hear others on channel 1 ctcss 1. So this way even though you are using the same channel as others they won't bother you.

Do the ones in the link above have this ctcss?

Do the ones in the link above have this ctcss?

They do, licensed radios have this capability as well as PMR446 based ones. The problem is you are blocked from transmitting when someone else is already doing it, so its not really an additional channel its just a way not to hear others. It can be useful especially if you have someone far off who is just noise to you sporadically then cutting them off works but its not all that useful for genuinely sharing a channel at the same game.

• Supporters

They do, licensed radios have this capability as well as PMR446 based ones. The problem is you are blocked from transmitting when someone else is already doing it, so its not really an additional channel its just a way not to hear others. It can be useful especially if you have someone far off who is just noise to you sporadically then cutting them off works but its not all that useful for genuinely sharing a channel at the same game.

What he said, it's more a way to block out unwanted noise than to segregate channels.

Archived