G&G SG-550, Thoughts / Advice

LLOYD-AF
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello people,

So I'm looking for my first rifle and ideally I want something I can use outdoors and inside, This gun looks nice and has a built in bipod and of course I could change scopes easy enough.

(http://www.guay2.com/web/gt_product/sg550.php?lang=en)

Anyone used one or have feedback?

Thank you.

the 550 is a pretty long rifle, if you want a Sig (and why wouldn't you, they're awesome looking guns) the 552 would be a better option for woodland and CQB.

My concern with the 552 / 553 is I cant see a spot to mount a bipod? I would like to do a little 'camping' every now and then.

My concern with the 552 / 553 is I cant see a spot to mount a bipod? I would like to do a little 'camping' every now and then.

Under-foregrip picatinny rail.

Sorted.

Under-foregrip picatinny rail.

Sorted.

Thanks for the reply,

So apart from that is there anything that would need upgrading out the box? as I said this will be my first rifle so would be nice to just get one that needs little work done to it right away.

Thanks

• Supporters

You would be better off buying the ICS sig 551 than the g&g 550 its a much nicer gun.

Be aware though mags for the sigs are limited in choice and there is very little aftermarket support so a bit less scope for upgrading on certain parts. If you can live with that though they are nice looking guns.

Obscure bit of kit in the airsoft world..

Real one is nice to shoot though..

post-13303-0-39770100-1467537607_thumb.jpeg

Archived