What is it worth threads? (WIW)

simonh
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Where is the best place for a what is it worth thread?

I have a gun I am thinking of selling but no real idea of what the market value is.

• Supporters

70% of best/cheapest retail price new

and that is if the general rule if we feel a gun is actually worth that in first instance

eg: £200 plastic SRC M4 from JBBG - nah you ain't getting £140 for that when other starter guns are much better/cheaper

that is the guidelines we tend to go on, even if it has loads of upgrades it don't alter it that much

bit like double glazing on a house - them upgrades even if properly fitted don't mean it is worth another £50~£100 more

you would be lucky to get back half the cost of "upgraded parts" even if fitted by a top tech mofo

so a KWA MP9 with 6 mags (working), QD suppressor, CQB bolt, standard bolt and a QD to CCW 14mm thread adaptor in good condition with original box should be somewhere around £360 ish?

thanks BTW :)

if its got no bad wear marks like massive scratches or chipped sights than 280 plus postage would be fair. But yh too many people think adding up the price it cost them is fair hell no once you own it 30% at least of the value is gone and if its really worn in another 20-30%.

So nearly £600 worth of gear is worth about half its purchase price? Righto

It's only been used about 5 times...

• Supporters

put it up for what ya want - deffo shove it on Zero One as they get more traffic than just us saddo's with too many guns already

but yeah shove it here as well but Z1 has more potential buyers is what I meant.....

Who knows - with exchange rates imports and stuff are gonna go up

but trade off is people may not have time/budget for toy guns

it is a tricky situation we are heading but still people might have to look at buying used than brand new

wish you well all the same sir - might be worth selling as a big bundle or as a couple of lots

you can always drop the price a week later so test the water how you see fit

At that kind of money it isn't worth selling, would prefer using as infrequently as it currently has been used than losing that much on it.

Where is the best place for a what is it worth thread?

I have a gun I am thinking of selling but no real idea of what the market value is.

Never heard of WIW acronym, is this different from "Price Checks"?

• Supporters

So nearly £600 worth of gear is worth about half its purchase price? Righto

It's only been used about 5 times...

Doesn't matter how many times it has been used its still second hand.

Also it's not £600 worth you can get everything for a fair bit less in the UK and a hell of a lot less from abroad.

Its also a case of demand the kwa mp9 isn't a very good gun. Most people will either pay the bit extra and get an mp7 or if they want to keep it small a G18 with the extended mag is a better option.

As said above its mainly down to what the buyer is willing to pay so try your luck because you never know.

• Supporters

You been smoking something?

Nope I had one for a short while and dont rate it at all. Never felt good enough to be a primary and too large to be a good secondary. Its kind of like a poor mans mp7. Not a terrible gun but not particularly good at anything either.

• Supporters

'I can't find a use so it must be bad'

07f.jpg

I mean, I agree that it's too large to holster comfortably (but they make a holster for it which does help a bit) and I wouldn't run it as a primary anywhere other than CQB, but from a purely technical viewpoint (which objectively good or bad comes from) they're well built, simple to maintain and work well at what they are designed to do without shitting themselves up and dying (like Mac11's achieve regularly)

From a user viewpoint I'd rate the MP9 over an MP7, the stock is easier to operate, it's just as comfy to shoot, the selector is pretty easy to operate and the bolt catch isn't something proprietary and wierd and falls naturally to hand. It's also cheaper and "2 better".

Going into specifics of brands:
The TM is not full size and is thus looks like a toy.
the WE tends to shit itself up and need parts replacing (one of the sears breaks in half)
The KWA works reasonably well, but suffers from over complication thanks to HK space magic and is more expensive than the MP9

But we digress:

Sell things for less than you originally paid, you profiteering lunatics.

• Supporters

From a user viewpoint I'd rate the MP9 over an MP7.

Have YOU been smoking something?

Mp7 whether tm or kwa is definitely more accurate and the mp9 feels all over the place in full auto. Its a pistol that wants to be an smg and never feels quite right.

How good something can be defined by its usefulness and the mp9 just doesn't fit very well anywhere other than maybe a sniper back up.

Stick by my guns on this, its nearly as pointless as the AA 12 and there by a bit crap.

Fun for 5 minutes though.

Ah you don't like it therefore it is worth less, fair enough I can understand that viewpoint.

I find it a hugely entertaining gun to play with, makes me smile every time and generates lots of interest from other players.

It's main drawback is that the mags only hold 48 rounds and even with 5 that isn't enough for a full game (hate reloading in game) and it is a bit bulky for a secondary weapon as mentioned.

• Supporters

Ah you don't like it therefore it is worth less, fair enough I can understand that viewpoint.

Nah its not worthless its more pointing out than some guns drop in value more than others.

Tm recoil 416 holds value but VFC 416 doesn't quite as well. TM/KWA Mp7 hold value mp9's dont as much its a case of demand.

Its not totally useless its just kind of in a weird middle ground where it doesn't suit any role perfectly so its more of a personal choice than a best buy situation.

Worth less not worthless :)

I only play cqb which admittedly is its best environment but as I said if the market value is only circa £300 it isn't worth selling (for me)

Archived