Looking for a HPA DMR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,
Recently I went from using my single WE G19 G-Series with boring, unreliable green gas and I went and invested in not only a HPA tank, but a "Y" adapter, two lines and another G19!
I have to admit, it's really REALLY good fun running around with two glocks, extended magazines and a steady, consistent FPS.

However....

I've been thinking that I'd quite like to get a DMR running on HPA, and then just have a single pistol as a secondary...
I'd like to keep things cheap, and light, but I still want results obviously...

I was thinking about an ASG Mk1 Tactical Sniper (which is basically an elongated Luger), it's only £75 brand new, it's super light and the only downside I can see on the reviews online involve inconsistency, which I assume will be non-existent when I change the mag valve for HPA.

I'm open to suggestions though so let me know your thoughts!
Cheers,
Cal.

Guest PT247

if going HPA for a DMR what about a KJW KC-02? It needs a little bit of fettling to get just right but with the right mods it'll shoot as straight as a VSR G-Spec and almost as far!

Out the box they have a tactical stock with rails etc but will fit real steel Ruger stocks with a little modification and internally you can do wonders with some very well thought out and designed 3D printed parts designed by fans of the gun.... VSR hop up chamber allowing VSR barrels and buckings is by far the best mod you can do for example. They are also semi auto out the box and if you are going HPA tapped mag route you'll be able to get it bang on your sites fps limit for DMRs!

This is the base gun:

Products4071-1200x800-201104.jpg

This is mine:

DSC_0290_zpsolfdr6ap.jpg

has a PDI VSR custom length inner barrel, 3D printed VSR hop chamber, 9ball bucking, hand carved custom wood stock and shortened top rail. It did have a 3D printed bolt too but that I think was too light so caused feed issues, am going to be ordering a prototype CNC'd aluminium bolt very soon too.

Lovely little guns they are! :-)

Guest PT247

Can that gun be fitted with a folding stock?

like I said, you can convert real steel stocks to fit, or mod the rear of the KC-02 to fit in a real steel stock:

436-3320-thickbox.jpg

Guest PT247

unfortunately as with BASRs, DMRs are not a cheap thing.... it isn't just a case of finding a high power gun, no point having more power if it don't shoot consistently or accurately. Better off sticking with a sub 350fps AEG.

The Mk1 looks quite cool but if it has no hop or a non adjustable hop it'll not be super accurate. It is afterall just a long barrelled pistol.

unfortunately as with BASRs, DMRs are not a cheap thing.... it isn't just a case of finding a high power gun, no point having more power if it don't shoot consistently or accurately. Better off sticking with a sub 350fps AEG.

The Mk1 looks quite cool but if it has no hop or a non adjustable hop it'll not be super accurate. It is afterall just a long barrelled pistol.

Indeed.

The Mk1 apparently either has a plastic (and rubbish) hop up unit, which is inconsistent - or it has a metal unit which is really good according to my research.

People running it on green gas have been saying that a tightbore makes a serious difference too, but I hear using a widebore is better when using HPA.

i might still get a Mk1 as a bit of a project to have fun with and learn :)

Get a Tippmann and dmr that.

Not enough capability for locking down every little minute detail.

OP - another vote for KC02 here. I use CO2 just because I don't like lines getting in the way, but its incredibly good for DMR builds.

Mine for example -

twvpleY.jpg

Guest PT247

I don't skirmish mine very often but it is by far my favorite gun currently... tend to use my VSR mostly as it is set up for recording my gameplay. The KC-02 is a seriously nice bit of kit and even out the box it can perform well once the hop has bedded in..... def worth upgrading to the VSR hop up chamber though as it will then shoot perfectly straight with no curve off.... it actually shoots better than my VSR with respect to the straight line stability! The OE barrel and hop rubber are proprietary so not much choice for replacements which is why the 3D printed chamber is an extra good upgrade as it opens up the options to use better barrels and rubbers! :-)

Not enough capability for locking down every little minute detail.

OP - another vote for KC02 here. I use CO2 just because I don't like lines getting in the way, but its incredibly good for DMR builds.

Mine for example -

twvpleY.jpg

l

Not enough capability you sure I take it you haven't used one.

l

Not enough capability you sure I take it you haven't used one.

I owned one, I sold it, because there isn't enough that can be done to lock it down. You probably haven't spent months just working on every tiny detail of a GBBR to eliminate as many possible reductions in performance - I have, multiple times. Redesigning and machining custom components just to remove vibration because the stock components have got too much leeway in the QC? yup. Sending an inner barrel back because it wasn't straight by 0.5 degrees? yup. Using scrimshaw tools to modify the track on a nozzle so that it removes the possibility of it sticking ever? yup.

Tippmann has so little that can be done without seriously redesigning critical components that it just isn't worth it.

Hell, on that KC02, i've rebuilt the mag's CO2 assembly to improve gas efficiency by 5%, just so that I could get 3 whole mags of BB's through and still have the bolt lock back consistently regardless of temperature within reasonable operating limits.

I owned one, I sold it, because there isn't enough that can be done to lock it down. You probably haven't spent months just working on every tiny detail of a GBBR to eliminate as many possible reductions in performance - I have, multiple times. Redesigning and machining custom components just to remove vibration because the stock components have got too much leeway in the QC? yup. Sending an inner barrel back because it wasn't straight by 0.5 degrees? yup. Using scrimshaw tools to modify the track on a nozzle so that it removes the possibility of it sticking ever? yup.

Tippmann has so little that can be done without seriously redesigning critical components that it just isn't worth it.

Hell, on that KC02, i've rebuilt the mag's CO2 assembly to improve gas efficiency by 5%, just so that I could get 3 whole mags of BB's through and still have the bolt lock back consistently regardless of temperature within reasonable operating limits.

That's a lot of effort for 5%...

Not a fan of HPA?

That's a lot of effort for 5%...

Not a fan of HPA?

I do use it with some guns, its just a pain in the arse to get with no driving license. I wouldn't use it on the KC02, as the recommended tapping location is the fill valve, which puts the airline connection at the bottom of a long mag, which is less than optimal.

Archived