Secondary Weapon

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Thoughts:

How often do you use your secondary and dose it matter if you have a cheaper AEP at around 230fps with a 30m range as do you really try and get hits at that range with your secondary????

AEP's are fine and can be upgraded to a comfortable 300 fps with good range. Sam over at Kingdom of Airsoft does some great things with AEP's. Stock they are ok for CQB, but with a bit of time and some funds, they can be really good, especially the G18, USP and MAC.

• Supporters

I prefer the GBB for the puesdo-realism effect, but AEPs can work well. Having a full auto option is also neat.

Nothing wrong with an AEP. As a backup weapon for when your primary runs out of ammo/battery, anything is better than nothing. I even ran with a springer pistol for a while.

I must admit though, I had a AEP Mac10 for a couple of games, and found it to just be not up to scratch compared to the alternatives. The batteries couldn't be charged by standard smart chargers, and they didn't stay charged for particularly long. The gun itself felt weak and had terrible range. It felt like it was going to fall to bits when on full-auto. I sold it and bought a not-too-fancy GBB pistol, and have never looked back. For what is essentially the same role, I personally think that gas pistols are superior in most ways.

(as to answer the first question, I use mine lots. Running a DMR, but still liking to be at the front of the team, it comes very much in handy for pushing in close on objectives and for when the other team push back. With a sub-350FPS AEG, it's useful for stoppages and when you don't have enough cover to maneuver a full length gun around)

In regards to batteries, tiny 7.2 lipo and a Pico fet will work wonders, bring the trigger response and ROF right up :) Then they can be charged like normal.

Guest PT247

since sorting my Mk23 and getting a wedge of mags for it I use it loads now and it is accurate up to well over 40m

If anyone would like a KWA M11...

Archived