FMA Fast Helmet review for large heads!

Comicbook hero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well I tried posting a review and my iPad seems to have had a moment, so if this is duplicated I'm sorry.

Anyway, not wanting to steal chupacabraoutdoor's thunder Here is a quick review of the FMA Maritime Fast helmet size XL. The review is from the point of view of someone with a really big head.

I got it off ebay for £37.99 and for that price its really good quality. Well made and robust.

post-11641-0-48702900-1466707184_thumb.jpg

It comes with a nice selection of foam padded inserts that velcro into position. To get it to fit comfortably I removed all the inserts and added the smaller ones supplied and it now fits like a glove.

post-11641-0-17142500-1466707471_thumb.jpg

I find it comfortable to wear all day and it will easily fit a standard set of ear defenders or coms set headsets underneath.

Here's a couple of pics of it being worn so you can get the idea of sizing.

post-11641-0-67235500-1466707798_thumb.jpgpost-11641-0-99339300-1466707816_thumb.jpg

Cheers

CBH

• Supporters

Is the adjustment dial components removable, is the cheaper version, without the adjustment available in that size do you know?

All the Maritime ones come with the OCC dial adjuster but they all come in both m/l and l/xl size ranges. Some go up to 61cm though depending on the cut you get http://www.fma.hk/helmet-c-1.html

I got mine from here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/APEXTAC/Helmet-/_i.html?_fsub=921303919&_sid=595532459&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 decent prices if you don't mind a wait.

All the Maritime ones come with the OCC dial adjuster but they all come in both m/l and l/xl size ranges. Some go up to 61cm though depending on the cut you get http://www.fma.hk/helmet-c-1.html

I got mine from here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/APEXTAC/Helmet-/_i.html?_fsub=921303919&_sid=595532459&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 decent prices if you don't mind a wait.

I have an emerson one which barely fits my head, I was examining it and it would fit better without the adjustments. Ty for those llinks.

Think I would rather have grey than multicam though.

• Supporters

I have an emerson one which barely fits my head, I was examining it and it would fit better without the adjustments. Ty for those llinks.

Think I would rather have grey than multicam though.

They do a fair range of colours, but not all helmets in all the colours if you see what I mean. You could always get a cover or paint it of course.

• Supporters

Is the adjustment dial components removable, is the cheaper version, without the adjustment available in that size do you know?

The Occ dial set up is completely removable, though you'll need to replace all the pads and the chin strap if you do so.

They do a fair range of colours, but not all helmets in all the colours if you see what I mean. You could always get a cover or paint it of course.

Hehe, I meant that my current helmet is MC. :) Though I have an AOR2 cover.

• Supporters

Hehe, I meant that my current helmet is MC.

I kind of guessed but my comment stands. They don't do a grey one so you'd have to get a cover or paint it.

What is it you don't like about the OCC dial by the way? Is it cost or just that you don't like the fit?

I kind of guessed but my comment stands. They don't do a grey one so you'd have to get a cover or paint it.

What is it you don't like about the OCC dial by the way? Is it cost or just that you don't like the fit?

The helmet gets more comfortable the more I wind it out, I'm hoping it's absence will continue that trend.

Archived