Best GBB M4

Dexter41
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guy's,

new here from Air Rifles...

just looking for info on the best all round GBB M4 available in the UK?

Done a few searches but all seem's to be old info? I hear the Inokatsu is good but not sure if it's available in the UK? and not sure how the GHK compares ?

I'm looking for most realistic and a good noise!

thanks

Found this vid.... pretty much sum's up them all.

Can anybody tell me any sure benefits to the Inokatsu? any sure benefits to the GHK?

and again, Inokatsu available in the UK?

thanks,

• Supporters

Internally the Inokatsu runs a really old gas system, the performance just isn't there if you actually want to play with it.

Externally... whole other kettle of fish, they're more or less indistinguishable from a real one unless you look at the bore or open the receiver up.

Like I said, GHK or Tokyo Marui are your go-to choices for a GBB M4, the TM will shoot better but the GHK will feel better.

Thanks, I'll hit you tube with that info and decide for myself.

I guess the average Joe ( me Included) wouldn't tell the difference with a GHK to the real thing anyway

thanks guy's, much appreciated.

I have a GHK M4 because like you I wanted realism.

A lot of the guys here will tell you it's still one of the best out there. Also have an ask round at milspecsolutions I put the same question to them. I was prepared to pay decent money and even against higher priced guns they still said the ghk will take some beating, all things considered.

I know you said GBB rifle but when I was looking for the "best" GBB m4 I came across the tippmann m4 and I haven't looked back since. If you can deal with the air line its trumps every gbbr in terms of performance in cold weather and recoil.

Guest PT247

I know you said GBB rifle but when I was looking for the "best" GBB m4 I came across the tippmann m4 and I haven't looked back since. If you can deal with the air line its trumps every gbbr in terms of performance in cold weather and recoil.

or try it with the CO2 mags

Hey,

yeah i swayed towards the GHK after watching all the youtube stuff.

any must do mods with the GHK? any other colour options other than black?

thanks,

Put in the heavy buffer for more kick. Put in the FG Adjustable nozzle to vary the FPS.

There's a host of upgrades available and a good place to start is here at Milspec Solutions.

They only come in one colour combination, black and green (looks green to me). I've just had mine shot blasted back to aluminium and steel and going to blue the parts next week.

Sorry I forgot to mention the tippmann with the heavy bolt*. To be fair I have no real experience with a proper gbbr only the odd test shot here and there, but from what I have read/watched it seemed like everyone rated the recoil of the heavy bolt tippmann over gbbr's. But as I've said that's just from what I've heard not first hand experience so you may be correct.

Put in the heavy buffer for more kick. Put in the FG Adjustable nozzle to vary the FPS.

There's a host of upgrades available and a good place to start is here at Milspec Solutions.

They only come in one colour combination, black and green (looks green to me). I've just had mine shot blasted back to aluminium and steel and going to blue the parts next week.

Fantastic thanks,

what's the deal with barrel lengths? I understand a bit more length gives maybe more accuracy, but from what i've seen the barrel can be shortened anyway and the muzzle flash be back applied, so why would you ever buy the carbine?

and some pic's of your M4 would be great!

• Supporters

barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy, if you want a longer barrel it is purely for looks.

As for shortening the outer barrel yeah it's easy, chop it off and have the end re-threaded! Pretty sure GHK do a 10.5" CQBR already though.

barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy, if you want a longer barrel it is purely for looks.

As for shortening the outer barrel yeah it's easy, chop it off and have the end re-threaded! Pretty sure GHK do a 10.5" CQBR already though.

Either that or buy the optional outer (and inner if needed) barrel then you can take your pick.

Dexter I'll post up some pics of my M4 is various states of disassembly if you like. I'll do a set of before and afters, bear with me..

Well I got a Mega MKM. OK, I'm a noob at airsoft but I too wanted realism even if I could not compete with it.

I am still very pleased with the look and feel - solid, chunky and a touch better design than a standard AR, it feels like a designer Armalite, a really comfy and cool resdesign of the AR upper and lower reciever.

Almost seamless full length rail on top and keymod elsewhere. This last is maybe an acquired taste as it's not super easy to attach stuff, it's best to look on it as a slimmer, comfier grip than bare Picatinny that you can nevertheless attach rail sections to as and where you need. You can get rubbery panels that slot into the holes and that's what I've covered my forward section with apart from a couple of little rail sections for forward grip and torch.

I can't see how they could realistically make a GBB's internals any more realistic.

It didn't get on with P Mags for some reason but is fine with the standard ones.

So, first thing the hop up adjuster broke - wore out even, it turns out the adjuster is made of the softest "metal" they could find and as you have to adjust it with a special spanner it barely works for a few adjustments! I had that replaced with a steel Guarder item and the "firing pin" too as I'd been advised that also has problems down the road. At the same time I got FireSupport to put in a tightbore 6.03 and hop up.

And when it came back... yes! FS said they chronoed it at 450 with .20s and boy it feels like it, reaching out to over 30 yards easy with .25s and at less than that I get something almost approaching groupings, although there's still the occasional "flyer". Not for indoor use and no way is it useful for competition!

Even on Guarder Power Up gas it often doesn't lock the bolt back and the buffer often pukes out when breaking it open but these are normal faults apparently.

A forward grip, PTS/Magpul grip, stock, ambidextrous bolt handle and flip up sights along with my holo sight complete.

So in hindsight I sometimes wish I'd waited for the TM to come out but that's less realistic inside, albeit TM probably have good reason for that bearing in mind my experiences, all the same TM aren't perfect and often seem to need very low powered gas to be reliable. And the TM is just a standard M4 look and feel whereas the Mega is a very nice chunky design and a little different.

I run the TM M4 and so far very very pleased with it

Range and accuaracy have surpassed what I originally expected so far no dramas with it and it is a very nice piece of kit.

I run it on green gas/propane as do others for a lot more rounds than me.

It may not be realistic internals but I don't think many GBBR's will match its performance straight from the box.

• Supporters

It may not be realistic internals but I don't think many GBBR's will match its performance straight from the box.

No gbbr has realistic internals as it is firing gas propelled plastic bbs not explosive propelled bullets.

Airsoft realism only exists in the minds of the deluded.

Archived