Seeking D-Boys MOD crane stock for GBBR

Jason8
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been trawling round looking for a new butt stock for my ghk M4. I particularly like the look of the D-Boys MOD crane stock but only seem to be able to find it for AEG.

Could anyone tell me if there is a GBBR version available please or perhaps evenue better where you can get one? Thanks.

I've been trawling round looking for a new butt stock for my ghk M4. I particularly like the look of the D-Boys MOD crane stock but only seem to be able to find it for AEG.

Could anyone tell me if there is a GBBR version available please or perhaps evenue better where you can get one? Thanks.

D-Boys have never even **MADE** GBBR's, so not surprising you can't find a GBBR specific one. Crane stocks are agnostic, so why you are searching for one specifically for GBBR's is beyond me.

Obviously because I'm not the all knowing supreme being that you are.

If I was I wouldn't be asking would I?

Does a manufacturer have to have a made [x product] to have after market parts available for different systems?

• Supporters

Does a manufacturer have to have a made [x product] to have after market parts available for different systems?

Try searching for a "VLTOR style" stock

It's called common sense. Also, google.

• Supporters

It's called common sense. Also, google.

Ah but, the specific part he's talking about comes with the stock tube which may well not fit a GBBR. The bit he's unaware of is that the stock itself will more than likely fit the existing stock tube on his GBBR.

@Jason - the more important thing to understand is the diameter of the stock tube compared to what the stock is designed to fit over. Most if not all AR style rifle stock tubes are basically the same design but come in a couple of different diameters. And no, before you ask I don't know what size the DBoys one is. That really is what Google is for.

Ok thanks Lozart.

Actually I had Google this quite a lot, all I got was 'for AEG'.

In my far less knowledgeable understanding than the 'big boys' I am aware that AEG is a different diameter to GBB tubes (slightly smaller I think) which I believe is what's called 'commercial' size. This differs to my gun being 'I believe' a mil spec size slightly larger although here and now the actual size escapes me. I felt my question was a fair one in the absence of finding anything definitive, there's always someone who knows something you don't.

• Supporters

Ok thanks Lozart.

Actually I had Google this quite a lot, all I got was 'for AEG'.

In my far less knowledgeable understanding than the 'big boys' I am aware that AEG is a different diameter to GBB tubes (slightly smaller I think) which I believe is what's called 'commercial' size. This differs to my gun being 'I believe' a mil spec size slightly larger although here and now the actual size escapes me. I felt my question was a fair one in the absence of finding anything definitive, there's always someone who knows something you don't.

Every day's a school day!

To be fair the tolerances on airsoft stuff is usually so slack that you'd get away with most stocks. The "for AEG" bit usually refers to the fitment of the stock tube rather than the size of the stock tube per se.

• Supporters

Actual Commercial spec is fatter than Mil-Spec; I'd say 99% of airsoft ARs out there use mil-spec or smaller buffer tubes. The original Marui M4s had a buffer tube that was slightly smaller than mil-spec and as with so many other things, that's what people have been copying since airsoft-time immemorial.

You can never be 100% when it comes to chinese guns/parts obviously due to tolerance issues and random anomalies, but my experience has always been that airsoft buffer tubes are mil-spec or smaller and the actual stocks made by airsoft companies are always a bit over-sized (nearly commercial spec but not quite). Which is why so many collapsible stocks on airsoft M4s are wobbly.

The only exceptions to this that I know about are some Systema and ARES ARs, which had com spec buffer tubes during certain periods of production. I'm not sure about current production.

• Supporters

OK, a very quick dig about came up with this: Element do a M4 stock tube suitable for GHK M4s http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/gas-blowback-parts/ghk-rifle-parts/ghk-m4-parts/Element-Vltor-Buffer-Tube-for-GHK-WA-M4-GBB.html

They also do a VLTOR style stock. I would personally be amazed if the Element stock didn't fot the Element tube so worst case I'd suggest you get both.

I think the biggest problem will be find someone that actually has them available though.

• Supporters

Personally from what I've seen over the years, I'd genuinely not be surprised at all if 2 parts from the same brand didn't fit together when they should. Doubly so from a brand like Element who makes stuff as cheaply as possible.

Apart from anything, a lot of these ACM brands aren't really one brand/shop/company they just plaster their name on bits made all over the place by various factories in china. Even the 'better' names in airsoft like G&P will have those same issues, heck even some of the cheaper RS stuff occasionally.

• Supporters

Fair point, well made.

To be honest most stocks aren't huge money anyway so personally I'd buy the style I want and take a punt. If it doesn't fit there's always someone out there that'll take it off your hands afterwards!

• Supporters

Doubly so from a brand like Element who makes stuff as cheaply as possible.

Triply (is that a word?) so because Element doesn't actually have factories. So if they order a buffer tube from one factory and a stock from an other they probably won't match.

That's what I'm talki'n about..

Cheers fellas, now that's all proper good info and I appreciate it. Nice one on the tube Lozart, as you say that'll open up more possibilities. Pete at AK2M4 has a butt and grip I like so I'll start there and as you say prolly get the d-boys butt too and mix n' match.

Archived