Blowback unit returning very slowly

Bottledtorment
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys.

My glock 19 has a few issues.

Firstly it will only fire full auto (I think it is the sear (see EDs tech tuesday G18 episode) so I will try that)

Also it seems that the blowback unit is very slow to retract when pulled slightly forward by hand ...

Any ideas or suggestions

Thanks

Joel

• Root Admin

When it cycles, does it cycle fully? Best way to check is use an empty mag, fill it up and then shoot it - see if it locks back. This sounds like classic short-stroking (giggedy) and the hammer not being reset. If it's not that then like you say the sear could easily be the issue. That's an 18C issue though.

Is this a G18 or G19? You said 19 but then cite that video for the G18C?

The bit with the nozzle retracting slowly could be a damaged piston lid/seal.

It is a 19 I was using 18c video as a reference as I know the sears are similar across the platforms (of course with the 19's being shorter)

When it cycles, does it cycle fully? Best way to check is use an empty mag, fill it up and then shoot it - see if it locks back. This sounds like classic short-stroking (giggedy) and the hammer not being reset. If it's not that then like you say the sear could easily be the issue. That's an 18C issue though.

Is this a G18 or G19? You said 19 but then cite that video for the G18C?

The bit with the nozzle retracting slowly could be a damaged piston lid/seal.

When used with an empty mag it will lock back fine.

• Root Admin

On the underside of your slide to the rear you'll see there's a lump that pokes up about 8mm from the end of the rear of the slide - that's usually the bit that wears. If it's too worn then it'll keep pew pewing. I'd check there first.

Archived