STANTA Gate in a nutshell?

Mr Monkey Nuts
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

From my understanding a milsim group ( not naming names) decided that they would breach the army's terms and condition's when using the site. For example taking and publishing photos within the buildings, using non agreed fireworks as RPGs(many not be true), using a hit system that involved re-enacting legs being blown off etc. This is not official info just from someone who served with the range commander.

Lots of finger pointing, but it appears that an unnamed milsim organiser has been blamed for breaking MOD rules at STANTA which has ended in the training commander pulling the location for all milsim organisers.

There are a lot of MOD rules and it appears many have broken them to some extent over time, but this straw has broken the camels back.

Stirling are having to try and relocate their July game and CAG are fed up with the mud-slinging and bullshit and have decided to stop running events after August.

• Supporters

The truth here is obvs.

The milsim guys over here got well jel of all the totes kool airsoft dramaz happening in the US between the Lion Claws organisers and the other big names all internet hating on each other; they wanted to get some of that action.

Wow,

Check Ckinnerley out! He is really down with the kids yo! :P

• Supporters

Doubly so it would appear.

But yeah personally, tbh, this sort of thing is another reason I dislike a portion of the 'milsim community'. Go on social media and bang on about how 'tough' your events are and how they're only suitable for people 'with the drive and determination' bla bla bla... yet clearly some of these companies can't even run their events within some basic rules and subsequently manage to get themselves booted off of MoD sites. Then the organisers and a lot of the members of said community (who are hard 0peratorz btw) jump on facebook and start acting like little kiddies.

There are of course plenty of stupid people who don't milsim and there are plenty of alright blokes who play milsim. But if you act all superior then turn out to be just as (if not more) immature than everyone else... well you've dug your own grave there.

What do you mean, what is the problem with this?

I don't have a problem with it personally. It is a real part of war.From what I've been told the range commander found it to be distasteful.

• Supporters

From my understanding a milsim group ( not naming names) decided that they would breach the army's terms and condition's when using the site. For example taking and publishing photos within the buildings, using non agreed fireworks as RPGs(many not be true), using a hit system that involved re-enacting legs being blown off etc. This is not official info just from someone who served with the range commander.

The airsoft rumour mill worked quickly on this one... these are just that, rumours. That and the event you're talking about was months ago, all of the media from that event was vetted and 100% in line with the policies set out by Landmarc and the MOD.

An event a couple of weeks ago run by a first time organiser had 2 ambulances attend, drinking on site (massive no-no), people getting 'lost' as they left the training area and the buildings were not cleaned out afterwards. The rules state that no pyro is to be used inside buildings, the MOD know that this happens but turn a blind eye on the basis that every other organiser cleans all the buildings thoroughly before leaving the area. The amateurs that ran the event that got airsoft banned disregarded a whole bunch of rules and got caught. That's why STANTA has been closed to all airsoft and paintball bookings from now.

I don't have a problem with it personally. It is a real part of war.From what I've been told the range commander found it to be distasteful.

I assumed that was why, if it's limbs taken out by BBs i'd be okay with it, but if its from imagined explosions I would agree that it is distasteful, the way your comment was I wondered if it was some rule by the MOD and that seemed strange. :)

The drinking on site will do it on its own TBH let alone everything else alleged.

• Supporters

That happened at the 36hre game I went to last year; the culprits started acting like the biggest c**ts EVAR. Got swiftly ejected after going out and playing while half-cut.

I literally cannot, in my wildest dreams, fathom why anyone would go to an extended, battle-themed camping weekend with fake guns and lots of little explosives and think "oh I know what I need in with my camo and rig.. beer". You wanna drink, you go to the f****n pub or the supermarket and consume your alcohol in a nice, comfortable place and enjoy it. You don't go setup roll mats in a draughty, breeze-block fake house in the middle of f****n nowhere and drink under the light of a Petzl.

Thats the trouble with MOD facilities. Even without STANTA-gate, they view airsofters as one of the lowest priorities and games get bumped quite often.

I feel sorry for stirling here as it wasnt a problem of their making, but they've done well to get UCAP at short notice.

Thats the trouble with MOD facilities. Even without STANTA-gate, they view airsofters as one of the lowest priorities and games get bumped quite often.

I feel sorry for stirling here as it wasnt a problem of their making, but they've done well to get UCAP at short notice.

It might surprise you that places like stanta ,coppenhill and longmoor are all actually managed by a company called landmarc .

These guys book the sites out to the forces and due to the contract the army have with them it takes priority to them over civilians wanting to play soldiers.

• Supporters

Is that a trouble per se? If airsoft was anything but the lowest priority over any other usage, I'd be very worried indeed.

Well.. maybe with the exception of paintball...

It might surprise you that places like stanta ,coppenhill and longmoor are all actually owned by a company called landmarc .

These guys rent the sites out to the forces and due to the contract the army have with them it takes priority to them over civilians wanting to play soldiers.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but Stanta is Defence Training Estate owned by the MOD isn't it? I know Landmarc own some of the sites they peddle, but not all?

I welcome more info on it though. I've probed the murky world of the DTE for my work before and would welcome more info.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but Stanta is Defence Training Estate owned by the MOD isn't it? I know Landmarc own some of the sites they peddle, but not all?

I welcome more info on it though. I've probed the murky world of the DTE for my work before and would welcome more info.

Yes mate. They're indeed crown property along with every in them. What I meant originally is that landmarc manage the sites for the crown and will rent out to civis for the extra ££. (Excuse my poor explanation before)

Yes mate. They're indeed crown property along with every in them. What I meant originally is that landmarc manage the sites for the crown and will rent out to civis for the extra ££. (Excuse my poor explanation before)

Ah - got ya. Many thanks.

What do you mean, what is the problem with this?

Its just in bad taste. However thats just an opinion, and probably the range commanders also :)

Archived