Carrying in public to a site

gameaholicbrad
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

so i am just starting airsoft and have a gun already and some gear. (had for a while just havent been skirmishing before)

I wish to attend a site that would require me to get public transport (bus, train and then walk) to get to the site as i do not drive. The rifle would be in a gun bag and the batteries and mags would be in a backpack so the weapon is not at all usable. The rifle is two-toned and i should be able to padlock the rifle bag.

So, my question is, how likely would i be to be stopped and if so, will i be OK if i explained my situation and the precautions i have taken?

Many thanks,

Brad

Dress as a nun and carry it all in a guitar case. You'll be fine, unless somebody thinks you're a 5th columnist from the reich.

• 3 weeks later...

Several years ago, i got stopped in Victoria Train Station by transport police.

Mismatch camo gear and a gunbag obviosly caught their attention.

If you do get stopped (very big if), just comply with whatever they say. If you get defensive at all ("i know my rights! You cant search my bag! Blah blah") theyll assume your hiding something.

I let them look in my bags. Explained to them before they opened it that there is a RIF in the bag, so they didnt get a shock when they opened it.

After talking them through opening the battery compartment so they could see it was just a toy, i got extensive questioning as to;

where is the site?

How much to play?

So its just fancy paintball, right?

Can i have a go?

Oh wow! It feels realistic, doesnt it?

As long as the rif isnt 'ready to use' (mags seperate and not loaded, battery disconnected etc) you should be fine.

Archived