Bought my first GBB pistol, a few possibly n00b questions..

Reece_Spurs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Firstly I've had 3 AEG rifles over the last year and a bit, my last being my Krytac SPR which is an absolute beast. But decided to finally buy a good GBB pistol and went for this - http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-pistols/we-europe-toucan-big-bird-wet-force-series-black-black-gold.htm#.V1u3mpErJEZ

Only been able to shoot around 30 bbs as of yet, only got it yesterday and it was quite late and considering the first shot set the neighbours dog barking, I didn't want to push my luck :D Seemed to shoot very well, very loud and a really nice kick (The only GBB i've shot, but from youtube reviews it apparently has a good kick to it)

Removed the slide after shooting to have a look inside, took me a few minutes to work out the mechanics of it all, managed to get it back together and working properly again, shot fine. Removed slide again had another look etc.

The gun is still shooting perfectly fine from what I can tell (In the dark after the last few) But noticed a few things.

Firstly, the outer barrel is fairly wobbly, after some research I've heard this is quite normal for most GBB pistols, is that right? Another thing I noticed is that when pulling back the slide (With or without the mag) If I pull it back slowly and release it will sometimes not go all the way forward and stick, but not in the slide lock position if that makes sense? I have to reiterate that ive never shot or owned a GBB pistol before so just asking to double check i've put everything back correctly. The slide operates with no issues when shooting either.

Just wanted to double check with you guys as most of you have years and years of experience and I don't want to potentially mess up what is a pretty expensive gun.

I've removed the slide which was simple enough, managed to take the inner parts of the slide out, possibly removed them in the wrong way, but got everything back in and made sure the slide worked correctly before putting the mag in and shooting it, still work well.

Any advice is also greatly appreciated, I did research a fair bit beforehand about GBB pistols but any more advice wouldnt hurt :D

Hi,

The outer barrel moving around a try bit is fine. Happens on both my pistols.

I think your slide is ok. If it's a new pistol you can try lubricating it better to see if it helps. If the slide is pulled all the way back, there should be enough compression in the spring to take the slide all the way back to its normal position. If you only pull back slightly it may not always happen at certain positions.

But definitely give it a clean and re-lube. Guns don't always come out the box properly lubed.

Buy some isopropyl alcohol pads (£2), pure silicon oil (£3) and froglube CLP paste (£15). The oil is for piston and air seal components. Froglube for everything else. Absolutely perfect, smells nice, rust corrosion, slick lubrication, dry feeling, really good at getting dirt out next time as all muck sticks to a micron layer of froglube and it wipes off super easy.

My TM which has a plastic slide does this sometimes. I have several WE and havent experienced it which I thought was down to a heavier metal slide.

Make sure the action is well lubricated.

Only strip to clean and lubricate when necessary.

These arent built as well as real steel and of course there are no carbon deposits to worry about, so I wouldnt recommend stripping it too often.

Firstly I've had 3 AEG rifles over the last year and a bit, my last being my Krytac SPR which is an absolute beast. But decided to finally buy a good GBB pistol and went for this - http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-pistols/we-europe-toucan-big-bird-wet-force-series-black-black-gold.htm#.V1u3mpErJEZ

Another thing I noticed is that when pulling back the slide (With or without the mag) If I pull it back slowly and release it will sometimes not go all the way forward and stick, but not in the slide lock position if that makes sense? :D

My TM which has a plastic slide does this sometimes. I have several WE and havent experienced it which I thought was down to a heavier metal slide.

Make sure the action is well lubricated.

Only strip to clean and lubricate when necessary.

These arent built as well as real steel and of course there are no carbon deposits to worry about, so I wouldnt recommend stripping it too often.

Update - I watched a few vids on how to lube GBB pistols, although I don't have 100% silicone lube it do have the Nuprol silicone gun oil, no took off the slide again and gave the slide edges a slight rub with it. I also found out the reason why it's sticking where it is.. BTW is only sticks when I pull the slide back slowly, when I pull it normally it never sticks. After taking the slide off its this (At 5:00 exactly) That's making it stick. Literally the part he lubes at 5:00

It's probably nothing and after looking at it, it looks like an air seal so probably good it sticks when cocking it slow.

Noob alert, sorry. :P

I believe that bit is the O-ring (?) - correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway I was just going to say the same thing - that exact part is what sticks on both my WE glocks - bit of silicone oil and you're golden :)

I beliebe that bit is the O-ring (?) - correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway I was just going to say the same thing - that exact part is what sticks on both my WE glocks - bit of silicone oil and you're golden :)

I used a bit of the spray silicone oil I have but it didn't really do much, but it's not the 100% stuff this guy uses, i think it's more for general lubrication/cleaning. I'll grab some 100% stuff and try that, cheers :)

Archived