Battery and Charger Advice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm a new player and have recently purchased my first rifle, an Ares Amoeba, and was looking for some advice as to batteries and chargers.

I currently have a 7.4V Li-Po battery in it but I need to buy a charger for it. Is there any brands that I should be looking at or any brands that I should completely avoid? Would you advise me to replace the battery as well? If so what kind of battery should I go for, the numbers/specifications are quite confusing for me, and I don't know what I should be looking for.

Any advice on battery maintenance and upkeep would also be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Supporters

what he said

charger B3 type charges through the small balance lead but takes longer to charge

or

B6 type charges through the main leads - you may be on small tamiya connections so you need to check and get some adapter leads

Try to get decent or genuine makes rather than cheap clone fakes from fleabay - there are a LOT of fakes out there

HobbyKing UK or Component shop - google will sort you out

buy from places like these as they offer good battery stuff at great prices

I found a Kong Power charger that charges every type of battery using balancing leads and works off of a 12V DC input. It has both mini and regular Tamiya coverters, input voltage protection, reverse polarity input protection and battery reversed polorarity connection warning.

Anyone got experience with these? It's only £21 on Fire-support although I have seen the same one at higher prices on other websites.

• Moderators

i have one of those, and from Firesupport. Never had any issues, just plug in the battery via the small balance lead, make sure charger is on LiPo, turn on via small button, let it go etc.....when light is solid (not flashing) battery charged, mine usually take about an hour :)

use it for all 4 of mine....

• Moderators

No worries, it's what we are here for..,,, sometimes 😀😀

• 4 weeks later...

Been reading this post and hope you could help me out, I am a new player, I have purchased this gun a while ago:

WELL D3809 M4 FULLY AUTO

The battery life Is rather bad I think, as It did not last long when testing it out.

It's a Ni-MH 2/3AAp 650mAh 9.6v Could you recommend a better battery for this gun?

Also would the kong power charger be worth getting? as I have the basic charger that came with the gun.

Many thanks

• Supporters

Been reading this post and hope you could help me out, I am a new player, I have purchased this gun a while ago:

WELL D3809 M4 FULLY AUTO

The battery life Is rather bad I think, as It did not last long when testing it out.

It's a Ni-MH 2/3AAp 650mAh 9.6v Could you recommend a better battery for this gun?

Also would the kong power charger be worth getting? as I have the basic charger that came with the gun.

Many thanks

OK excuse the slating - but I was one of many that was duped into the BB sites bull$hit they spout

also known as BullDog B500A1 and some others.....

- 400 Round High-Cap Magazine
- Solid polymer Body + Gearbox Shell
- Folding M4 Naval Stock
- 300 Fps....
YEAH ??? ON 0.12'S FFS - 240fps if ya lucky on 0.20's
best bit to follow.....
New from Well, Here we have a fantastic entry level practice gun with a surprisingly high FPS and ROF,
this rifle is designed with CQB in mind and as such is very small in length with a great deal of rail space
for the addition of torches, lasers, grips - etc.
this DOES have a plastic shelled gearbox, but this is set up in such a way that it can withstand the ROF, and
will not break down on you for no reason.
This is a fantastic weapon to begin airsoft on as it is, at its base, an AR15 - the most customisable and
upgradable airsoft weapon ever made. The gearbox is located in the normal place for a V2 and can be replaced
and upgraded as any other V2 would be, as can the motor, hop-up and inner barrel
BOLLOCKS - the receiver is in 2 halves screwed together and motor is one that came out of a sex toy or something
This gun and shops like these are really to be avoided coz they sell you very lame stuff as pro stuff that will hold up well blah blah blah
Anyway - if/when this low end gun plays up do not bother to waste to much time on it get a G&G or something just over £100
Meantime, a decent charger and a decent battery can be bought from component shop and other places
I'd consider get a decent lipo 7.4v 20c and a good lipo charger
yes you could get the old school nimah's but tbh I wouldn't or certainly don't try 11.1v in this gun - it will just tear itself to bits
7.4v 20c crane/nunchuck lipo battery and good charger
a genuine B6 would be wise if you can run to it, hecj if you got some m8's then get one between you
these will be a wise investment - better than the gun in question
but don't get to upset, I bought more than one of them so that makes me a massive idiot in the beginning
(haven't acquired much more common sense some might add)
it gets your feet wet, tests the water so to speak plinking in garden and at a real scrape ok for cqb but no real power/range for most skirmish sites
if/when you decide to step up a level you will see with a G&G Raider what the difference is but if you invest in decent lipo/charger it will be a start as you continue on this toy gun journey peew peew peew & all that
best of luck

Archived