WGC Shop

Shaddow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone have experience with WGCShop.

Looking to buy a few things from them......

Thanks

Quite slow to despatch, but will mark down package value.

A £50 order I made with them in May sailed through...received it about 14 days after ordering.

No idea if same would happen with a larger order like a RiF. Would always assume customs would stop it and charge VAT on it.

• Root Admin

I'll echo the above. I've known them to take 2 days to dispatch and I've also had them take almost 2 weeks, but it all arrives.

Also they'll quote the value lower for you (but only up to 50% lower).

My last Redwolf HK order was pretty quick.

Guns N Guys were my go-to Asia shop for a long time, very good prices, incredible stock choice and really quick.

Miss them.

I've never had issues with WCG...however, I much prefer Echigoya....ordered a TM recoil...7 days later arrived at my door and due them automatically reducing invoice...only paid £25 import fee

My recoil from WCG took about 2 weeks and import was about £45

Thanks for the updates and info.

Having a look around at many of the Asian sites, I struggle to find any that are really worth it. Most seem to be cheaper than UK, but once postage and possible tax has been added, you are either same or even over the UK prices.

Example is looking to get the Ares Octarms M4-KM12. Both WGC and Wedwolf HK stock them, but with shipping added (Around $100) to the price, it is only around £50 cheaper before import tax than sourcing in UK.

I always imagined to make a substantial saving ordering through HK / Asian sites, but if I am saving £20, id rather buy in UK and have less hassle and much easier if something goes wrong.

Anyone else find the same, or am I missing something?

• Root Admin

If you're looking at guns then they're almost never cheaper and one only really buys guns from HK because they're inaccessible here - like some of the G&P stuff. You will almost always be taxed on a gat coming from outside of the EU and the shipping is killer - and UK retailers can buy from wholesalers and still compete with people buying direct. Also you have the issue of warranty and returns, so a UK retailer is also going to make things easier.

Accessories, upgrade parts and some clothing? HK wins almost every time, but some of the retailers have poor shipping policies that aren't based on price and are a flat rate on small items, so you need to shop around every time you make a purchase as the shipping can vary a lot even on a retailer that might have been the cheapest for a different item you ordered a few weeks before.

• Supporters

Definitely echo the above. If a RIF is available in the UK I'll tend to get it here (granted there's still many occasions where a gun I want isn't available here) as I've found they often worked out to literally cost about a fiver more from LWA/PAS/AZ even if you had the value marked right down. Also returning guns would be really expensive and a massive PITA if they went wrong. I've also had some extreme wait times with customs on a couple of occasions when importing RIFs. Generally it's fine and I always got all my stuff in the end, but if you get a proper jobsworth assessing the parcel who doesn't understand the law and/or your player number isn't written in f*ckin massive letters on the box, they go in to this whole process of snail-mailing you forms to fill in regarding your VCRA defence and the values of the package. It only really happened when I brought in a mahoosive box with 2 AR Carbines inside which drew massive attention - genuinely the smaller the box is the less they care about it it seems (or so I've gathered from importing a lot over the years).

I almost never find the little bits and accessories/parts I want over here though, so I'll save up a bit, do a good amount of digging around between WGC, eHobby, UNco, echigoya, Tokyo model, Airsoft Global etc to see which one/s will give the best deal after everything's taken to account. Generally wait until something's at a really good sale price and bring in quite a few bits in one bulk order; far more efficient postage cost wise that way.

Specifically regarding WGC, they've been my go-to for a long time now, I've built up quite the loyalty discount over the past 7 years or so. One time they sent me 762 Magpuls instead of 556 but that was the only mistake they ever made with an order and I've bought from them dozens of times. They sorted the issue out very quickly and got me the right items without even returning the wrong ones; though I do personally have a practice of physically filming myself cutting open the box and slowly taking everything out, just to be on the safe side. As I say, only needed it once, but it's super easy to do and provides irrefutable evidence to the shop,

Archived