Ares Amoeba AM-008

AngerGames 666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know if any other magazines work with the AM-008?

I've seen loads of cheap second hand mags for sale, but I'm unsure if they will work with my gun.

Any advice is appreciated.

The AMoeba line should feed almost all mags that fit the AR15 line as it uses the same mag well dimensions. If you like runnning MID-CAPS I can't recommend Magpul PMAGS or PTS EPM's enough I use them in my AM-13 and they work great.

• 5 weeks later...

I bought some cheap mags off Amazon and they fed fine for the first couple of shoots, but today I found many misfeeds. I was going full auto and a 5 second burst would only fore off 2 or 3 rounds?

Now and again the gun would make a crunching sound too. This only happened twice or maybe 3 times.

Testing them in the range afterwards they all fed fine in full auto.

Do you guys reckon this is a mag problem or a motor problem? I'm gonna have the gun apart anyway, if there's anything I should look out for please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

I use ASG Hi-cap flash mags https://www.unit13shop.eu/index.php?action=article&aid=10288〈=nl〈=EN

I've never had a problems with any of them (I have 4).

I don't by them from this website (link is for illustration purposes only :) ) both my local airsoft shops sell them, one for 24 quid, and one for 22 quid.You can get them from ebay for 18 quid.

Edit - Forgot to add that Ive never had a second of trouble from any of them, unlike the Ameoba hi cap that came with the gun, which was put on this planet only to vex me...

Sorry for the slight thread jacking. Still on topic with ARES and mags.

Im in a similar position and looking for metal mid caps for my Ares Amoeba 013. Any recommendations?

I'm pretty sure that most M4 mags will fit the AM-013

Sorry for the slight thread jacking. Still on topic with ARES and mags.

Im in a similar position and looking for metal mid caps for my Ares Amoeba 013. Any recommendations?

Archived