Metal M1911 or Glock

Shaddow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning,

Looking for a good metal side arm. Reading lots of reviews and getting some mixed messages about certain brands.

I would prefer an all metal pistol for the feel and weight of it.

Currently looking and considering the KWC C02 1911, but also been recommended to look at KJ Works Glocks.

Any recommendations and advice on brands and good places to buy from.

I have checked most uk sites and not many seem to sell VFS, KSC, KWA.

Also, seems some brands have been re-branded. Can anyone confirm and help out with the below:

ASG = KWA?

VFC = Cybergun?

From a few other threads / forums, I have pulled a list of top brands that will offer good quality, reliability and option for upgrade in the future.

TM / WA / KSC / KWA / VFC / KJW

Thanks for any advice.

I was also looking into a full metal 1911 myself a while ago and I will get the KJW 1911 meu version or normal one.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kj-works-m-e-u-kp-07-full-metal-gbb-pistol-black.html#.V1i1Db4x6Uk

I would buy the TM version but the full plastic would feel to light.

But the new TMm9a1 is very heavy and nice feel.

Also got the TM glock 17 with the metal PGC slide and it was perfect fit no messing about with fitting.

The main thing I look for when buying a gun is if I can get spare parts easy and KJW/TM you can most of the time.

KWA is USA based I think so getting spares could be hard.

I think KSC same as KWA ?

https://kwacentral.com/2012/05/11/a-brief-history-between-ksc-and-kwa/

I don't much about Cybergun sorry.

• Supporters

The 1911 has a quite slim magazine so it doesn't hold too much gas. With a metal slide it can't shoot two full mags.

I have a plastic TM clone 1911 and it can shoot two and a half mags with one charge. I love it and I keep it, even though I had a few metal pistols too. My mate has a WE hi capa and it's horrible. Unreliable and can't hit anything.

I would get the glock from those two because of the gas capacity. The TM M9 liked to crack the slide and I never heard that they fixed that design flaw.

KSC is same as KWA except the markings as far as I know.

• Root Admin

Glock. Like Samurai says: It's far more functional. My 1911 is basically a show piece at this stage too because it'll only shoot two magazines before needing a refill. Plus Glock mags are easy to get and TM Glocks are highly supported for spare parts and cosmetic upgrades, but if you really need that metal slide then WE Glocks are alright.

You could look at Hi-Capas but I'd only bother with the TM ones. WE Hi-Capas are poop.

Yeah, doing more research, think I will stay well clear of WE.

Just waiting on a price back for a Stark Arms G17.

I've had a play with a KWC PT92 its all metal, feels really well made and tough and has a 26 shot mag oh and a full auto mode!!!!

Glock. Like Samurai says: It's far more functional. My 1911 is basically a show piece at this stage too because it'll only shoot two magazines before needing a refill. Plus Glock mags are easy to get and TM Glocks are highly supported for spare parts and cosmetic upgrades, but if you really need that metal slide then WE Glocks are alright.

You could look at Hi-Capas but I'd only bother with the TM ones. WE Hi-Capas are poop.

Which glock has the highest gas capacity?

^Exactly this - although if you do want a showpiece, I managed to handle one of those "Druglord 1911's" the other day - although it doesn't feel as good as it looks, it sure was nice.

Glock though. All the way brother.

Yeah, doing more research, think I will stay well clear of WE.

Just waiting on a price back for a Stark Arms G17.

Which glock has the highest gas capacity?

WE G17 Glock magazines function great (in the TM G17), I do find they kick make the kick slightly higher than the TM ones though. I guess if the WE Glock has a metal slide that's why.

WE G17 Glock magazines function great (in the TM G17), I do find they kick make the kick slightly higher than the TM ones though. I guess if the WE Glock has a metal slide that's why.

Really? Never thought WE made a product better than TM! In the long term do you see it causing you an issue?

For my TM XDM do any of you have mag recommendations, generally will pay slight extra for better kick + gas capacity.

Really? Never thought WE made a product better than TM! In the long term do you see it causing you an issue?

For my TM XDM do any of you have mag recommendations, generally will pay slight extra for better kick + gas capacity.

I'm not sure how anything I said would give the impression I thought the WE Glock 17 magazines were better. Doesn't hurt that they cost 40% less though.

For your other gun, you could always tap it with HPA.

In the long term do you see it causing you an issue?

I am not qualified to answer that. If I have any problems I'll just buy another TM Glock (18).

• Root Admin

Use stronger gas. Guarder Power Up.

Just be careful though - if it's a hot day you won't want to be using it as it can put undue stress on the gun, but you have a metal slide so I'm sure it'll be fine provided the nozzle holds up to the pressure.

Thanks for all the helpful info. Have ordered a stark arms glock 17. Now just to find a few spare mags. Any recommendations above TM or as mentioned the WE?

Archived