£300 M4 ICS and G&G or other?

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm serene, just some education here. :P

I don't really give a f*ck - just remember it takes TWO to make an arguement

We're not at the argument stage, "odd" is too vague to take offence to and "pedantic and arrogant" is flatly wrong and not offensive, if he wants an argument he needs to try harder.

• Supporters

a bloody small thin one if that has a stock tube battery

you fitting your own mosfet then ?

(people will say you don't HAVE to have one but I prefer to have them now)

anyway - you will need a battery no bigger than 20mm x 20mm x

actually scrap that - you may be limited to a 18mm x 18mm x 125mm long battery

maybe these two should fit no problem - longer one will mean you may not be able to fully contract the stock

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1000mah-20c-continuous-discharge-airsoft-lipo-battery.html

&

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-1300mah-20c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery-136mm-long.html

some others might fit but unless you measure it yourself or get confirmation it will be a gamble

had these issues with FireHawk's stock tube battery location - ripped that off for a stubby stock instead

yes they look nice with tiny battery in stock - but seriously limits your options is all I'm saying

• Moderators

Just ask FS :D

They supplied me with Lipos and charger. It tells you in description if you read though it, 7.4v Lipo, type 18 / 19, I think 'type' is just connection, for the sake of saving a few quid, get it all from them, its easier, and get it wired to deans :)

I got all mine from them, UK1, charger, 2 Lipos (125x22x13), extra mags and quick loader :)

I do find though, due to wiring / fuse, I cant have the stock on lowest setting...unless I went to far....as batter/cables push on back of stock pad....

reminds me, need some more mags!

Thank you both.

I have never installed a mosfet before but handy with a Soldering Iron if that helps lol.

What mofet should I get and where would I fit it insidethe stock tube as well ?

Thanks.

• Supporters

Thank you both.

I have never installed a mosfet before but handy with a Soldering Iron if that helps lol.

What mofet should I get and where would I fit it insidethe stock tube as well ?

Thanks.

It was more sarcasm really as Krytac's come with mosfet and very cleverly built into the gearbox

I challenge most people on here to do a job as fine as that - very clever & neatly done indeed

(and that is going some for me to commend stuff that is standard fitment on a gun)

You won't have much room in the stock to squeeze the leads in let alone a mosfet

If you keep the juice low which you probably will have to due to limited space you won't need a mosfet

The ICS is still a good gun - we all have our preferances and you are not considering a Predator anymore

so that is an improvement whatever you decide

So don't worry about it tbh

• 1 year later...

Yes the Krytacs appear to be very nicely made internally, but this is what would stop me from buying one:

Less than a foot drop onto carpet and it cracks.

http://hmongbuy.net/video/6RM6PrzcJ-Y  for other short comings.

There are pictures of Krytac cracked lower receivers all over the web. Now I know the design of M4 airsoft guns makes them vulnerable, but the same issue doesn't seem to crop up as much with ICS or G&G.

For sub £300 I’d take an ICS all day long. £370 will get you a recoil

Archived