£300 M4 ICS and G&G or other?

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been looking at a few in my price range I think it would be the G&G GC16 wild hog metal version.

https://www.red1airsoft.co.uk/airsoft_weapons/assault_rifles/m4-m16-airsoft-rifles/G_and_G_GC16_Wild_Hog_12_Keymod?sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=100

I read about the metal version being bit better internals then the plastic one.

Ics looks nice like the ics cxp-hog or cpx-uk1.

http://www.icsbb.com/product-category/electric-gun/electric-gun-cxp/electric-gun-cxp-cxp-hog/

http://www.icsbb.com/product-category/electric-gun/electric-gun-cxp/electric-gun-cxp-cxp-uk1/

I am not sure if parts are hard to get with ICS aegs?

I don't mind other brands I just don't really know what is good right now.

£300 just for the gun itself I will add extras later.

Thanks for any advice.

• Supporters

G&G are ok if spending up to £200 absolute max - well really £160 max on their starters

The new ETU models can be picky

If you spend too much on a G&G then imho that could be unwise

ICS are supported brilliantly by FireSupport and most stuff is compatible in there - mainly hop/bucking

the other stuff uses normal aeg stuff

Krytac - end of - we keep saying coz if you want a recommended gun to get - well uhm ergh Krytac then

it is that simple - you see where the extra bit of dosh went - stuff inside is VERY GOOD

(I'll admit not 101% perfect but as a fussy bastid - it comes closer than most out there)

• Supporters

if you wanna wait for the next batch for a particular model/colour then fine

tbh the mk2's were gonna have a few revisions like forward assist/AR spring release but that feature got scrapped

but also a slightly cheaper version is planned

basically my gut feeling is a few revisions in new range

then the old tried tested stuff gets a price drop and launched in the Alpha range:

http://www.evike.com/products/63113/

ktaeg-apcrb-bk01.jpg

don't get ya hopes on $275 - wow maybe £200

time you factor vat & retailers mark up but might see that get knocked out at about £250 comparing current models price in $ to £

might even get a little lower but think £250 or same price as titchy bastid one that goes for about £250-£260 over here

(they making a titchy budget version of that too so that could be well under £250 - FireHawk owners beware)

Cheers dude was going to get a G&G gc16 warthog metal because I thought no where had them getting my ukcara Sunday just hope they stay in stock

Brauster, on 07 Jun 2016 - 6:47 PM, said:snapback.png

Are the Krytec metal body or polymer?

Yes.

Ok so which one or do you mean they come in both options

• Supporters

That is like when you ask a somebody the question:

Tea or coffee ???

and they answer - Yes please

giphy.gif

but I am not raising my hand to this - only coz I'm confused as to which is left or right damn it

nailed it: just raise both

ab9f4a0b0060195713c0b4c5b6dd0c70.jpg

That is like when you ask a somebody the question:

Tea or coffee ???

and they answer - Yes please

giphy.gif

but I am not raising my hand to this - only coz I'm confused as to which is left or right damn it

nailed it: just raise both

ab9f4a0b0060195713c0b4c5b6dd0c70.jpg

Well, I did provide a link, which after a quick spelling error correction from google provides the answer with almost every link on the page.

• Moderators

so the G&G still your preferred choice??.....I went for the UK1 back in October, never let me down since :), also now have the ICS M4 EBB and again perfect for me so alternate use in games.....may look nto this Krytac revolution one day but not in a rush :)

Well, I did provide a link, which after a quick spelling error correction from google provides the answer with almost every link on the page.

You're an odd person, aren't you?

• Moderators

yeah rear wired, ICS-265, thats the 'long version', ICS-264 is the 'shorter' version, which I have :). When I got mine, FS had loads of front wired ones in as I believe ICS then updated to rear wire not long after, hence some good deals on the Tan ones earlier in the year

Please explain. LMGTFY is a perfectly legitimate educational tool.

Is the Krytac body metal or polymer? 'Yes'.

That's called being pedantic and arrogant for no reason.

Is the Krytac body metal or polymer? 'Yes'.

That's called being pedantic and arrogant for no reason.

I don't think that's either of those sir, and I don't think preventing someone wasting people's time is no reason.

If you ask a question on a forum which can be answered verbatim by google, you deserve to get LMGTFY'd. I answered yes because it was a teachable moment, and I did not want to spend time deconstructing the question as that could be insulting. The person who asked the question, did not even click the link - that's potentially insulting.

I've been on the receiving end of LMGTFY many times, and eventually you take away positive things from it when people link it to you.

I don't think that's either of those sir, and I don't think preventing someone wasting people's time is no reason.

If you ask a question on a forum which can be answered verbatim by google, you deserve to get LMGTFY'd. I answered yes because it was a teachable moment, and I did not want to spend time deconstructing the question as that could be insulting. The person who asked the question, did not even click the link - that's potentially insulting.

I've been on the receiving end of LMGTFY many times, and eventually you take away positive things from it when people link it to you.

That's a nice verbose statement. His question could have simply been answered with one word, "metal". You chose otherwise. Nobody is wasting anybodys time. You choose to help on forums because you either want to contribute to society or you enjoy it. If you find a particular question to be time-wasting then you do not answer it.

That's a nice verbose statement. His question could have simply been answered with one word, "metal". You chose otherwise. Nobody is wasting anybodys time. You choose to help on forums because you either want to contribute to society or you enjoy it. If you find a particular question to be time-wasting then you do not answer it.

The faster those questions are resolved the less time is wasted; need a non insulting way to educate people to avoid more of those questions? Use LMGTFY.

Think about it, if 20 people ignore an easy question, that's 19 people's time wasted.

I love how you're finding a way to slip an insult into every post, carry on.

• Supporters

FFS - both calm the f*ck down

it was an easy oversight in answering a question

just like the classic tea or coffee question I posted

easily done - nobody should be judging anybody or trying to be smart or $hit like that

I don't really give a f*ck - just remember it takes TWO to make an arguement

so ffs chill out a bit.....

I could go on and nitpick loads here but I know for a fact I'm far from perfect and often have made myself to look an even bigger pratt than I already am

if you can't let it go then I'm gonna tell a teacher - aka mod and thread gets locked which we should not really have to do on here

and I don't care either who started it - mellow out a bit - jeeeeezzzzzzzzzz

Archived