Stripping anodising from a reciever

Jason8
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've read many different things lately on taking the anodising off of an aluminium reciever.

Does anyone have a conclusive solution please?

Things already in the frame: Mr Muscle oven cleaner, caustic soda, Greased Lightning, Drain cleaner.

I'd like to know if someone has a successful recipe.

Thanks.

I've read many different things lately on taking the anodising off of an aluminium reciever.

Does anyone have a conclusive solution please?

Things already in the frame: Mr Muscle oven cleaner, caustic soda, Greased Lightning, Drain cleaner.

I'd like to know if someone has a successful recipe.

Thanks.

Answer in 30 seconds from google....

I assumed you wanted to gold plate it so I started there with my search, seems there's quite a few people want to gold-plate aluminium.

• Supporters

Answer in 30 seconds from google....

I assumed you wanted to gold plate it so I started there with my search, seems there's quite a few people want to gold-plate aluminium.

And it will probably go wrong. If you dont get every little bit out it goes horrible, best thing to do is get a plating company to strip and replate it all in one go.

Lost track of how many ruined plating jobs I have seen because someone went all amateur hour.

Archived