Help buying 1st Pistol

kPATm
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening. Im looking into getting my 1st pistol. I have decided on a GBB Glock

http://www.ebairsoft.com/mobile/storm-airsoft-arsenal-p-9378.html

Does anyone have any experience with this pistol or can they recommend anything else in the same price bracket. Also has anyone used Ebairsoft if so what are your opinions. Thanks

are you from...japan?

if not, buy a WE glock from a UK based retailer.

• Supporters

For a first pistol I would recommend going down one of two routes. I am a pistol guy myself, own 2 glocks, 2 M&P 9s, a Colt Peacemaker, a P226, a rep and old 1911, an XDM, and a M9, so I kinda know what's what in the world of airsoft pistols.

Option one: the end all.

This is the option for those who want to buy something and be done with it. Good brands for this are VFC (sometimes, all my GBB pistols from them have been great, but some people have had issues), Tokyo Marui, Western Arms (be prepared to search long and hard, and pay a pretty premium), and maaaaaybe KWA. These guns can be bought, fielded, set aside for a year, and then fielded again with minimal problems, and will all preform well out of the box.

Option two: the upgrade.

This is the option that I went for first. This is for people who know enough about GBBs to tech them a little (GBBs, especially pistols, are incredibly easy to work on, especially compared to AEGs), and upgrade them to their liking. Good brands for this are mostly WE, maybe some KWAs and VFCs. But heck, even ATMS and WAs could be teched, but besides from aesthetics, there is little you can do to make those better. Both of my WE glocks have been highly upgraded by me, and in total probably cost more than all my other pistols bar my WA 1911. I seem to have been fortunate when it comes to WE guns, but a fair number of people seem to have issues with them falling apart after awhile, so while they are cheaper at first, be prepared to pay for upgrades in the future.

Im in the UK mate. I was recommended the site from another forum. I have also seen a few reviews of this particular gun saying it is one of the best Glock Replicas around?

I'd buy in the UK just for the warranty, especially as it's your first gun, if anything goes wrong don't expect too much from HK.

I do realise the problems when buying goods from HK. But like I said it is my 1st gun and I really cannot afford to spend much over £50. I know most will say you get what you pay for but that doesnt change the fact that I have to keep to a budget.

I do realise the problems when buying goods from HK. But like I said it is my 1st gun and I really cannot afford to spend much over £50. I know most will say you get what you pay for but that doesnt change the fact that I have to keep to a budget.

You should not order from HK unless you're willing able to pay the VAT and other charges (~£15).

You should simply not buy a gun until you have £200 in your pocket (not saying buy £200 gun, just have around 30% of the cost of the gun in spare funds), that's my advice - unless you want it for something other than airsoft.

If you're really that hard up, in terms of operating costs and durability/temperamentallity you might be better off with a spring shotgun in your price range.

Suppose I should have said before. The gun wont be used out side my house TBH it will mostly be used more as a Replica i.e just nice to look at and have a look at the inner workings. I like messing with thing and I wouldnt mind modding or what ever in the future.

Suppose I should have said before. The gun wont be used out side my house TBH it will mostly be used more as a Replica i.e just nice to look at and have a look at the inner workings. I like messing with thing and I wouldnt mind modding or what ever in the future.

Do you have a defence to the offence of importing a realistic imitation firearm? If so, go right ahead.

That would be a big No. I would rather keep on the right side of the law. So I guess Im out. Thanks for the help anyway

You can easily get a defence - by playing airsoft.

The way you phrased the first post, seems slightly deceptive - "my first pistol".

Note you can buy two-tone guns in the UK without a defence. They are no different to non two-tone except painted.

Archived