someone arrested for making a bomb... for airsoft!

CES_williamson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3625555/Queen-s-guardsman-arrested-making-IED-bomb-just-mile-Windsor-Castle.html

Read it at the bottom, his friend says he was just making a bomb for airsoft,but was arrested! Jesus you have to be careful these days and hes in the queens guard!!

• Supporters

He should of known better for at least 3 reasons:

Hardly a great chat up line - Hi babes, wanna see my IED ???

it is the Daily Mail so now we are all trainee terrorists on here

(wtf didn't his m8 just say it was for paintball training exercise or some other $hit than airsoft)

Hell have no fury - why would you mess with 2 crazy bitches on the go and be shocked if one of them goes ape

You don't make vids and send $hit out to people especially regarding fake weaponary etc...

he should know how sensitive it all is - but obviously has a lot to learn about upsetting women

bit of a classic bell-end there - there is hope for me yet I guess

Although it's more than a bit stupid to talk about ieds and bombs over text. I feel as though the article is over exagerating and trying to shed the community into a dark place in the eyes of the public.

IED number one made Found a place that delivers the explosives. They are actually movie pyrotechnics what are better quality.

Out of context, this does seem pretty bad. But, as with everything, without all the info we can't tell anything.

This could have been a simple response to her asking "How do you get it to work with the smoke and the bang?"

Police have also been given other text messages in which he discusses buying replica handguns and rifles.

Well, that's most of us in trouble too.

My 2pence:

The guy was a bit of a tit for posting vids in YouTube about it. If the Lass reported him as a Terror Suspect, you can probably assume she wasn't an Airsofter herself - just a confused woman wondering why she's getting photos of bombs being sent to her.

As for making a RPG-7 (allegedly) ... VCRA... Manufacturing firearms ... Etc etc. No wonder he's being investigated.

"We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than we do the machinations of the wicked."

Because he potentially, might have thought about, maybe, some time in the not to distant future, considered thinking about doing something wrong.

And that means he's a bad person.

It does make the assumption that it's fairly easy to make IEDs etc if some guy managed to make one out of a couple of tins and spare wiring...and bought "explosives" online.

But it's always been my assumption that making these things isn't particularly hard, considering most genuine ones are made in someone basement - not Dr Evil's lab.

So, yeah, some guy made some circuits and a pressure pad and is now EVIL!

I'm sure I did something like this in school to make an LED turn on....?

• Supporters

Guy done nothing wrong, Why is this news worthy?

Daily Mail = all of us are terroists

Airsoft is not a sport - these are not toy guns but can be quickly turned into real firearms within seconds

Didn't you know the weapons used in recent attacks all came from JBBG

Yeah - please enlighten me ffs coz I'll change my ammo then and not curse and blind trying to get that bastid spring in without AR latch jumping out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3625555/Queen-s-guardsman-arrested-making-IED-bomb-just-mile-Windsor-Castle.html

Read it at the bottom, his friend says he was just making a bomb for airsoft,but was arrested! Jesus you have to be careful these days and hes in the queens guard!!

The title of this thread is extremely clickbaity - you sure you don't work for the daily fail?

• Supporters

an-interview-with-the-mastermind-behind-

I was actually looking for some really funny stupid classic Viz stories from decades ago....

in particular they would have a news article in there often with paragraph sub headings completely of no relation to story:

"Touched my breasts" or "Wild dunken sex" - yet the story had no such stuff following (disappointed I know)

The Blind Date Romeo Rat in particular....

You start reading it and soon becomes perfectly clear that a daft story where a girl meets a guy in a pub whilst Blind Date was on pub's TV. The guy goes off to pleasure himself behind a fruit machine cheating on his new girlfriend blah blah blah......

And when Viz contacted ITV, a spokesperson for Cilla Black declined to comment

pure genius crap - I should of got a job there

All the media blows stuff way out of proportion and applies their little/big spin on their views of reporting a story

The title of this thread is extremely clickbaity - you sure you don't work for the daily fail?

haha no, i wrote the title in a bit of a rush XD more of a telegraph reader personally!

Well, unlike everyone so far posting I actually know the facts with this chap as he is a member of my airsoft team and a friend of mine and pretty much everything that the Mail printed was bollocks.

He didn't put anything on Youtube it was more than likely the crazy ex of his who then informed the MoD that he was a 'terrorist' in order to get back at him. He certainly wasn't having an affair. Basically she was trying to blackmail him.

Everything he made was for props for one of our games back in March.

All utter utter sh*t.

But you know why let facts stand in the way of a good story.

The moral of the story is lock down your FB page and remember that women can be vindictive crzay bitches some times....

So, EvilMonkey, you are one of the people who was discussing buying RIFs with him then?

Sounds highly suspicious to me :blink:

Hopefully the authorities see that it is all on the level and he doesn't get any real trouble from this.

Well I am the authorities as I am Military Police.... :P

I highly doubt anything will happen to him bar being told not to be a twat by his CO

Well, unlike everyone so far posting I actually know the facts with this chap as he is a member of my airsoft team and a friend of mine and pretty much everything that the Mail printed was bollocks.

He didn't put anything on Youtube it was more than likely the crazy ex of his who then informed the MoD that he was a 'terrorist' in order to get back at him. He certainly wasn't having an affair. Basically she was trying to blackmail him.

Everything he made was for props for one of our games back in March.

All utter utter sh*t.

But you know why let facts stand in the way of a good story.

The moral of the story is lock down your FB page and remember that women can be vindictive crzay bitches some times....

Please tell me that justice was served and that the woman was at least fined for her destructive behaviour...

Archived