Upgrading my Gun

Eliott
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just purchased my gun, which is a G616 carbine (http://www.guay2.com/web/gc_product/gc16_car.php?lang=en). I'm new to all this. I use1600mAh battery at 9.6v, I'm pretty sure the gun is shooting at least 325fps.

So my question is, is it possible to upgrade the fps to at least 450fps, without buying a new gun. I don't mind buying new parts and I've increased my bb weight to 0.25. So what can I do to using my fps? Can I change my internals to match the GC16 raider? (http://www.guay2.com/web/gc_product/gc16_raider_l.php?lang=en) Can anyone help me?

• Supporters

There is so much to learn by playing with a normal gun before going DMR. Higher fps won't make you get more hits but will make you more dangerous (in a bad way) because you don't know yet how to handle a gun.

• Root Admin

Maybe I'm not giving OP enough credit, but he's not mentioned DMR anywhere. Perhaps a little more research is in order.

OP: Look into quality ammo, a new inner barrel and a good hop-up bucking/unit combination. There are a lot of threads out there on this already but that's where to start. Muzzle energy isn't everything.

325fps is perfect fps for UK skirmishes, why do you want 450fps? (350fps limit on every site in the uk)

for what ever reason you want 450fps ,its just a case of putting a m130 spring and maybe changing the motor to a high torque motor.

Alright maybe to hit more around 400fps. I play on private land with some from friends. The others are easy hitting 70m+ hitting around 374-400fps, I just want to buff up the gun, so I can shot further. I changed my bbs to 0.25g and I do consider the drop so aiming higher. But still, maybe new inner barrel and a good hop-up bucking/unit combination

So when considering which spring to purchase, how do I know what spring fits what gun. Is this accurate

I think these are right, if im wrong correct me please:
M100 spring:300-340 FPS
M110 spring:340-380 FPS
M120 spring:380-410 FPS
M130 spring:410-440 FPS
M140 spring:440-480 FPS
M150 spring:480-520 FPS
Do I have to change in the internals to make the new spring fix? Are springs universal?

• Supporters

Easy hit 70+m ???

a few things

what guns are they using ??

The difference between an airsoft meter and and real life meter is vast in some cases

fps fps fps fps fps - it is not the be all and end all to distance and distance is not the same as accuracy

yes a little higher fps helps as shooting heavier ammo and increased hop reduces the velocity - roughly speaking

It is mostly down to the effectiveness of the hop unit or backspin applied or how it is applied that really increases the range/accuracy

example Tokyo Marui often shoot at 300fps but will pi$$ over most other 350fps guns out of the box

with no hop applied a 400fps gun will have a shorter range than a 325fps gun with the hop on creating the right "magnus" effect

bb's drop short without hop - lucky if you get past say 25-30m with no hop

springs are rated usually in M or meters/metres eg:

m100 = 100 meters or 328ft or produce aprox 328fps

so take a spring like m130, and do 328 x 1.30 = 426.4fps

this figure can vary due to numerous factors but give or take say 20fps that is about the expected results in most medium-long airsoft rifles

most stuff is down to hop - adjust that before you think of upgrading it

turn the hop top right wheel clockwise to increase hop

to check hop is on/off - turn gun 90 degrees as you shoot

on it's side you will see quite clearly the bb curving left if your gun is turned it on its left side

this is the hop creating the backspin that helps keep the bb in flight for longer

so on it's side it will be curving quite vividly so you know your hop is operating to some degree

it its normal upright position you may or may not notice the bb starting to curve a little upwards as it exits the barrel

(well you can see it but tbh if in doubt I just turn the bastid on its side to check I've got some hop on them white little balls - just easier)

THAT is where your friends have got some distance over you they have adjusted their hop better than you very likely

finally G&G's are all nigh on the same inside usually shooting 320-350 out of box with nigh on same stuff inside

except for blowbacks - but still same, most of their aeg's are same inside regardless of cosmetic exteriors.

I don't know the make, however g36c with an upgrade spring, which I hear from someone else.

Thank you, I thought the airsoft guns would be using the "magnus" effect, I understand the concept, and I'll be adjusting hop up, for the max range using 0.25g bbs. However going back to springs if I was considering upgrading my spring how do I go about it?

Should I buy something like this? http://www.helmetworld.co.uk/m130-airsoft-spring-lonex--fast-uk-delivery-high-quality-steel-asg-nonlinear-44536-p.asp

Or something like this would be better?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AEG-Power-Spring-M130/dp/4393875311/ref=pd_day0_200_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=21Yx92gy29L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=A6TX1AVC6G46JP5T427B

• Supporters

did you buy this gun new or s/hand ???

springs - shs will do ya fine

but who is going to fit it

if gun is second hand - how the f*ck do you know it shoots 330 or 230fps if it is shagged or has bad seals etc...

somebody in your group of friends should have a chrono

or go to a proper site as they should chrono each gun

a possible reason is gun is a bit shagged and bad/worn seals will lose power which you don't know what it is hitting atm fps wise

you may have a m120 with poor seals producing 330fps so to put in a m130 will get you about 360fps instead of 430fps

just chucking in a spring to compensate for a leak is not a wise decision at all

I purchase the gun brand new from airsoftworld. Today I'll adjust the hop and get back to you, and see if the range is good enough.

Another question, is heavier BBs a wise options? from 0.2g-0.25g?

• Root Admin

If your gun can lift it, a heavier BB will always go further than a lighter one. If you want range in woodland I'd consider as high as a .30g but you need to work on your hop in most cases because a lot of stock ones won't consistently lift a .30g and you'll get flyers and all sorts.

Seriously though, mess with the hop first. As others have said, it's where you'll get the most improvement and doesn't cost a load to do.

We're very much in the realm of 'questions that have been asked a million times' though, so please use the search and Google :)

• Supporters

70m+ ....

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

I was trying to be a little bit more subtle as only my b500a1 can go further

OK it is new, soz thought you paid through the nose s/hand from a m8 of a m8 that "upgraded" it and made it worse but told buyer it outranges everything

Yes you should try 0.25's at least and perhaps 0.30's as heavier bb's will/may travel a little further holding their momentum a bit more

not a MASSIVE amount but more to point they maintain a straighter path than really light ones like 0.12's that go everywhere past 30ft say

so yes try 0.25's - a little more hop & spend some time getting hop as best as possible for the bb weight you use

probably a good idea to at least wipe the barrel with a bit of tissue on the cleaning rod to remove any gunk which will also affect its accuracy

no cleaning stuff or oil or wd40 or anything - just a clean strip of tissue to clean/wipe the barrel

RTFM supplied for more details

I did adjust the hop up, and it flies like a beati, however still not enough for the terrain. So I've adjusted the BB basically flies straight until it stops in the air and just drop, instead of a gradual slope downwards. It certainly flies further with 0.20g bbs, but I still think it can fly further. What if I still in a G&G m130 spring, which I have heard won't over heat the gun, and be getting around 400fps. I have a guy which can stick it in? I do take your responses seriously sitting duck.

I've done a bit of research but is there a danger of sticking in a top powerful spring for example m140, into a gearbox v2? are there a guide for this. Ratios used for springs used in a gun?

Archived