I've decided on my first gun

NathyB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After looking for many hours on the Internet and forums I've decided I'm going to get a VFC HK416 C mainly because I like the trades and the externals seem very good I'll address any problems with the internals as they pop up and upgrade them, I've decided to go for this gun as I didn't want to buy say a G&G for £200 then buy this gun later and spend even more money even though the C16 looks like a great gun also the VFC is metal I'm looking forward to getting my ukcara next week and ordering soon proberly from JD airsoft as there local and same price pretty much every 😃

Any one recommend any good red dots etc ?

Really enjoying researching stuff and ordering looking at the condor recon vest as well

• Head Moderator

The HK416C is a great looking gun, the TM 416 versions do cost more but then you do not tend to many TM guns for sale unlike VFC/Umarex. No need to upgrade it as the internals are good from the box which is more far important than external looks for actual gameplay.

Yes other people have recommended this but it's not made of metal is it ? And has low fps and I think the recoil thing will be a novelty which will wear off fast

Yes other people have recommended this but it's not made of metal is it ? And has low fps and I think the recoil thing will be a novelty which will wear off fast

Well TM have proven FPS is not important, and recoil is a big deal for a lot of people. As for what it's made off, it looks metallic in all the photos and weighs 3100g.

• Head Moderator

Definately metal body and rails, with plastic (polymer) butt and pistol grip as per most guns. The sub 300 fps means that you can use the gun anywhere without worrying about trying to downgrade springs, etc, and it has a good hop-up that allows acurate shooting.

My advice - carry out due dilligence and proper research before buying.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/28697-tm-hk416-owners-upgrade-advice/?hl=hk416

• Supporters

Umarex - Vega Force

they make a few guns and they hold the trademarks n crap

they make really nasty cheaper versions of the 416 & ARX160

(arx160 is availbe with $hite plastic gearbox, or metal gearbox or longer version that might have blowback but think still plastic receiver)

but you should not end up with the wrong item if you read the items description correctly

eg:

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/umarex-vfc-hk416-p3178

or

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152201400-Heckler-Koch-HK416-CQB-carbine-replica.html

http://gunfire.pl/search.php?text=umarex+416

I'm going to get a Krytac nothing but good things said and out the box seems to be the better option and is cheaper than the TM apparently there's a Mrk 2 coming out

• Supporters

congrats on doing some research - if you splashing a decent bit of cash you will be quite pleased

yup UK stock is a little limited on some models, a slightly cheaper version is on cards too

really think it is mainly the tried n tested original stuff with a slightly lower price...

yup if you can wait for next shipment and go for it - they are raising the bar and setting the standards now

ok now blowback/recoil but to me and some others we may not really care too much for effects

It is sound inside and well thought out - kinda like somebody done some tweaks for you already to go out of the box

Archived