bucking hop up rubber

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

it ain't weight it is the soft/hardness of rubber/silicone

well think/thought it was that referring to hardness of material

but if it is angle of then I learnt something new myself

you want 60 for .20's

or 70 for .25's and above as a rough guide

• Supporters

it ain't weight it is the soft/hardness of rubber/silicone

well think/thought it was that referring to hardness of material

but if it is angle of then I learnt something new myself

you want 60 for .20's

or 70 for .25's and above as a rough guide

No your spot on. It refers to the shore a durometer scale the lower the number the softer the rubber.

50 degree is softer so seals better but because of the give it doesn't supply back spin as well but is fine for low fps builds using a lighter weight bb. Once you start using 0.28 and above 70 is better as it doesn't give as much so provides better backspin and the very slight difference in seal is negligible because you are generally using a higher volume of air.

• Root Admin

Sorry, I had that impression purely from the Maple Leaf VSR buckings, which I read on the Sniper Forums was to do with their somewhat unique 'ramp' design - stupidly didn't even think to question it. This certainly makes far more sense for the majority of buckings though. Whoops :S

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the stock bucking rubber and left it in as its a bit firmer, i have also used PTFE to seal it and have gained between 120 -140 fps which was chrono'ed dead on 350FPS at a sight this weekend

• Supporters

I have found the stock bucking rubber and left it in as its a bit firmer, i have also used PTFE to seal it and have gained between 120 -140 fps which was chrono'ed dead on 350FPS at a sight this weekend

All guns are different - the bucking/nub/even hop unit can be a nightmare sometimes to get it feeding flalwessly and sealing perfectly at higher speeds etc....

A good vid here explains a lot of stuff that is hard to put into words I recently stumbled across

very clever stuff - not sure about filing the hop unit to an oval to go around bucking but most of it explains a lot of stuff very well

but you didn't gain 120-140fps - you just fixed a bad leak pi$$ing out

you might gain say 30fps if the hop is sealed better but a 120-140fps jump is a air pi$$ing everywhere

Archived