Selling/posting a rif post office?

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

Looking to sell my JG AUG and I was thinking just take it to the post office send it recorded tracked?

Just saying its sporting goods when they always ask lol.

That be the correct way?

Thanks.

i have posted 4 guns with royal mail...no issues. I just say its an "Airsoft Marker".

Not sure they'll approve of the types of marks it makes, though it's not like they can say paintball markers don't cause injury either.

/me goes off to find out why they're called markers in paintball.

• Supporters

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

1. These items must be sent on an express48 service only
  2. These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
  3. Enhanced compensation cover is not available

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/prohibitions-and-restrictions

You will find that sending parcels via the Post Office is actually much dearer than going to a ParcelForce Depot and presenting them at their counter. The last RIF I sent was quoted at nearly £30 at the PO counter but only £15 when I went to the ParcelForce Depot for the same package.

If I recall, most if not all postage carriers will not accept batteries as defined under their prohibited items list, either charged or fully discharged.

This is incorrect, there is a specific list of battery types which are excluded from non commerical, and international/national carriage.

Archived