5000 Subscriber Giveaway !!

RandomTrashy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

wot does one do if they don't use FB?

Edit

If you like I can share this with my grandparents in exchange for two entries.

Had a few people ask this so the shares will count on Twitter and Google +

I mean call me a negative nelly but this is meant to be a giveaway for your subs as it's a milestone. Why is it about shares in the first place?

Do you not see the * (asterisk) in the youtube vid's name!?!?! :rolleyes:

I mean call me a negative nelly but this is meant to be a giveaway for your subs as it's a milestone. Why is it about shares in the first place?

It's a way of measuring entries to the competition using the youtube addon for comps.

I reckon thats the real reason. All youtubers do it when running comps. Gives people a reason to share something that they normally wouldn't bother to.

Nothing really wrong with that though. It's like watching a 5 second ad to get entered in a competition where you could win a £100+ item. Doesn't cost me a thing to share it on a donor FB account, doesn't take any time either. Helps the Youtuber put out more of these events and helps track who entered the events without any real administration work. Win win all round.

Nothing really wrong with that though. It's like watching a 5 second ad to get entered in a competition where you could win a £100+ item. Doesn't cost me a thing to share it on a donor FB account, doesn't take any time either. Helps the Youtuber put out more of these events and helps track who entered the events without any real administration work. Win win all round.

:lol: :lol:

• Supporters

Didn't say there was anything wrong with it I totally get why they do it and think its good that he gives stuff away.

My only problem is I dont like biased review sites on youtube. All reviews should be unbiased otherwise its just an advert to promote stuff. So by sharing you are spamming adverts.

Didn't say there was anything wrong with it I totally get why they do it and think its good that he gives stuff away.

My only problem is I dont like biased review sites on youtube. All reviews should be unbiased otherwise its just an advert to promote stuff. So by sharing you are spamming adverts.

wot does one do if they don't use FB?

Edit

If you like I can share this with my grandparents in exchange for two entries.

• Supporters

Don't see your issue, just seem a bit bitter, when something is sh*t I'll say so. You seem to dig at everything I post. Bit sad really.

Do you ever say anything is sh*t though? No course not but everything you review is given to you and you say nice things to keep getting free kit to review on your channel. Obviously thats your choice and totally understandable but it is biased advertising. I prefer the ones where people buy there own kit and then give an unbiased review like CKinnerley another forum user (by the way he contributes and doesn't just plug his vids).

As for taking a pop at all your vids if I remember rightly when you started on here I stuck up for you when others were bitching about you just plugging your channel. It turns out they were right and I was wrong you contribute nothing other than adverts.

Your presentation is good though.

• Root Admin

I've been subbed to you since around 1000 subscribers. Not because I like airsoft videos but because I want another airsoft YouTuber who clearly puts time into their videos to succeed. I know you have a sponsorship to fulfil, but were're people, not cattle. So yeh, I'm slightly miffed when it turns out I have to share your video just to get in on what you're selling as a bit of a 'thank you' giveaway for your subscribers.

I won't unsub or anything silly like that, but please rethink the way you interact with your audience because I can't help but feel that there're less commercial ways of doing this. I 'unno - it's not just you but it just seemed a little slimy. Perhaps I'm being unrealistic.

It's a way of measuring entries to the competition using the youtube addon for comps.

So, all existing subscribers are excluded *?

*if they take no action.

I think you should include all existing subscribers after you reach a certain amount of 'shares'.

I get the impression you're now scripting (or practising) your vids more than you used to, either way, your content does seem to be much better lately. :)

I've been subbed to you since around 1000 subscribers. Not because I like airsoft videos but because I want another airsoft YouTuber who clearly puts time into their videos to succeed. I know you have a sponsorship to fulfil, but were're people, not cattle. So yeh, I'm slightly miffed when it turns out I have to share your video just to get in on what you're selling as a bit of a 'thank you' giveaway for your subscribers.

I won't unsub or anything silly like that, but please rethink the way you interact with your audience because I can't help but feel that there're less commercial ways of doing this. I 'unno - it's not just you but it just seemed a little slimy. Perhaps I'm being unrealistic.

Dude a quick share hurts no one, it helps me and my channel to get to a wider audience its a small ask from the community. For that one share could win a plate carrier. I appreciate your comments. its not always easy to maintain a perfect balance. Also For all existing subs I dont want to give it to a ghost account, The interaction verifies the live account if you get me. I have put in a ton of time now over 100 videos. Its a growing thing and im trying to do it all better.

Dude a quick share hurts no one, it helps me and my channel to get to a wider audience its a small ask from the community. For that one share could win a plate carrier. I appreciate your comments. its not always easy to maintain a perfect balance. Also For all existing subs I dont want to give it to a ghost account, The interaction verifies the live account if you get me. I have put in a ton of time now over 100 videos. Its a growing thing and im trying to do it all better.

Except your image, something people online are quick to forget. Remember many facebook users use their real names, and no I am not talking about airsoft, I am talking about everything, people betray so much about themselves through social media, and sharing is no exception. I am quick to unfollow people that share rubbish, and I'm not saying this is rubbish, but it's unlikely to be shared by anyone with more than a certain (lets magic up 50/50) share of their followers interest. I stopped using facebook because it was spammed by "shares" and promoted commercial posts when all I was interested in was the microblogging of my 'friends'.

So many people are not aware that you cannot undo where facebook is concerned, you can only hide.

Of the rest of what you've said, in the post above, I agree. :)

I don't know what you mean by a ghost account, but surely you can just email the winner without mentioning why, and if they don't reply within, lets say 14 days, you try another person.

Plus you know, random giveaways to your entire subscriber base wouldn't be the most terrible idea.

:) I watched 8 of your videos today, but I have not subscribed. In that regard I can say that while it's deplorable, I only watch your vids when you post them here. :P

• Supporters

Do you ever say anything is sh*t though? No course not but everything you review is given to you and you say nice things to keep getting free kit to review on your channel. Obviously thats your choice and totally understandable but it is biased advertising. I prefer the ones where people buy there own kit and then give an unbiased review like CKinnerley another forum user (by the way he contributes and doesn't just plug his vids).

I occasionally get free sh*t from a few places and to be honest I never remember to say so in the video, but I don't feel like that should affect anything either way in terms of the actual findings expressed regarding the product. Personally, if I thought a company/shop would stop sending me things after I said anything at all negative, I wouldn't accept anything from them in the first place. No product is perfect and if a brand is deluded enough to think their product is perfect... I ain't interested.

That's no discussion what what RT does, I don't know what his arrangements are or anything other than he talks about in the uploads. As is evident by my figures, I'm not an expert at youtube and for me it's always just been a supplement to collecting gear; since I only play a couple of games a year, it'd be rather wasteful to have so much stuff hanging up if it had no other usage.

---

Myself, I don't see a significant issue with doing shares for entries and it is true you get a LOT of abandoned accounts on youtube; pain to sift through. It's definitely not ideal in various areas, but I'm yet to see anyone come up with a method that is 'ideal' and I spend a lot of time on tacticool social media.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived