Are CO2 Pistols a good choice?

Trojan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest PT247

to clarify the reliability, they will shoot more reliably in colder temps as CO2 works at a higher pressure than green gas so is less affected by the cold. The guns themselves are as good as identical to green gas pistols mainly.

• Supporters

Co2 bulbs often hit over 500fps for first few shots on fresh bulb

settling at about 400-425fps until bulb starts to deplete

Mods can be done but still most run with Green Gas as it usually fires at about 300fps or just over

can buy a refillable co2 bulb that you then fill with GG/propane and all runs at 300fps and live happily ever after

or just f*ck get a GG gun and be done with it

yes you can get a gun that accepts both GG & Co2 carts - check if they are easily available though

or go with popular gun like TM/WE Glock for example, run on GG and get hold of mags n stuff easily

no point getting any gun Gas/Co2 or AEG then can't get another mag for it

cheapy m92/mk23 non blowback GG or WE Glock are popular as they do the job & mags n stuff are easy to obtain

or on cheaper guns - goes tits up, just bin it for £20-£30 gun

to clarify the reliability, they will shoot more reliably in colder temps as CO2 works at a higher pressure than green gas so is less affected by the cold. The guns themselves are as good as identical to green gas pistols mainly.

I've heard that running CO2 on TM guns wears it down faster? That's why I'm wondering - do any guns come stock reinforced to take this extra wear?

One does not simply put c02 in a green gas mag lol

Who said that?

Also, pretty sure the Dragonfly can fit both co2 and green gas in a single mag, hence dual power.

• Supporters

different mags - a Gas mag or a Co2 mag

unless they supply a refillable bulb to fill with GG and pop in the co2 mag

SRC - sTTi - HFC m92's come as GG104 or GG105 if green gas

or

SRC - sTTi - HFC m92's come as GC104 or GC105 if CO2 mags

same gun model just the mag supplied is either GG or Co2

think there is some others like this a CZ75 gun maybe some more that have both mags available

either way Co2 pistols are usually used for tournament/target shooting & GG for airsoft skirmishes

just the general rule is if you get a Co2 pistol you probably won't get to use it much at any decent on the ball site

yes you can mod it to bring it down but generally - GG is easier all round

Who said that?

Also, pretty sure the Dragonfly can fit both co2 and green gas in a single mag, hence dual power.

You said you were thinking about putting c02 into a tm gun as far as im aware there are no c02 or duel power tm guns.

You said you were thinking about putting c02 into a tm gun as far as im aware there are no c02 or duel power tm guns.

You can put co2 in a TM gun... You can't put co2 in a gas magazine for green gas

I know for a fact the TM Glock hammer is not strong enough to activate the WE co2 mag valve, but aparently with a guarder 150% hammer spring it should run about 320fps on WE co2 mags.

Im thinking of the OP gun for winter, as its 350 on CO2 and 270 on green gas, so perfect really

• Supporters

if the WE & TM's are compatible or compearable.....

could you fit a TM co2 mag in a WE glock then ??

as for winter - well I'm down south so if it is that cold I'm staying in the warm

if the more northern players wanna play in sub zero summers of northern scotland

there is always AEP's springers, shotguns ya primary or shorter primary for cqb or melee ffs

I don't think you will find one gun that is 101% perfect with no flaws

mind you suppose my next skirmish could be in the seychelles or something....

"Duck - you ready if ya GBB is all working now...."

"What - and leave this chilled paradise full of warm sandy beach, blue sea & hot women.... uhmmmm No way"

• Root Admin

Im thinking of the OP gun for winter, as its 350 on CO2 and 270 on green gas, so perfect really

A good hop unit will work far better than that extra muzzle energy. How do you think TM have held the market in almost everything despite firing 30% colder than everything else? :)

Buy a good pistol and use something like Guarder Power Up in the winter. It'll do fine.

I have just bought my old man a Umarex Browning HP from Gunfire and will report back.

Am worried it could be hot but FPS on website states 350fps.

You can put co2 in a TM gun... You can't put co2 in a gas magazine for green gas

Where have these c02 tm guns been hiding? i remember when people were telling me it was bad to use green gas with them lol im guessing its an upgrade thing?

I quite like CO2,and have a WE M92 that takes mags for either (I have one of each). Good for winter use and the fps is under the 350 limit so I can use it at the sites I play.

Are there any CO2 pistols that come stock with good enough components to last it?

Noticed this gun is a dual power one - http://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-4/dragonfly-dual-power-green-gas-co2-version-aps?from=listing&campaign-id=19

What's the general consensus for CO2? No go?

Archived