TM M9A1 Mags

Demon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have a leaky TM M9A1 Mag.

But having an issue with the pins at the base. They are hollow and cannot be pushed out. Anyone know how i can actually get into the O Rings or if it's even possible. (Picture below)

For the WE mags it's simply just pushing the pins out and pulling the base away.

If anyone has a link for Fill valves as well both WE & TM that would be great.

13335377_10154177019641665_1228793696_n.

• Root Admin

The Marui M9 magazines are notoriously bad for leaking. You need to remove those pins to get to the seal. The problem probably isn't the full valve, so don't worry about that. It's generally around the pins themselves where the leak comes from.

The other alternative is buying WE M9 magazines like you say.

I figured as much.

Removing the pins seems impossible. Oh well easy way is just to buy more WE M9 Mags.

Looking at buying This down the road as an upgrade as i currently have GEN 1 i think.

I've had the (genius) tech at Crawley Surplus fix three TM M9 mags for me in the last year. Every leak has been down to the O rings failing. He last charged me 50p to fix it.

They are definitely repairable.

• Root Admin

There's a single o-ring at the bottom of the mag that surrounds the top lip of the baseplate - it's the only thing that 'breaks', but in actually it's usually just very dry and needs soaking in silicone overnight. The way the pins are designed means it's (the seal) not held close enough to the rest of the magazine, so that's why they'll keep leaking and why I'd advise switching to the WE ones. They will always leak after a year or so.

I've yet to try using an oversized seal as that should fix it. I probably should give it a go.

Luckily i only have one so it's not a big issue.

WE Mags it is from now on.

The TM ones use a square "o-ring" iirc you can replace it with a standard round one if you can find one that fits.

What I've found that works wonders as well is to take it apart and wrap some ptfe tape around the base of the magazine, put the standard o ring back on over the tape, then wrap some ptfe tape over the top of that. I did that to some leaky mags I picked up 2nd hand for cheap and I've not had a problem with them since.

I actually tried this one of the WE mags.

Worked when i tried it at home.

When i got on site Nuprol 4.0 gas started leaking.

Used some abbey well green gas and nothing.

Have yet to open the mag up to see what happened to the tape

Archived