g&g firehawk

b1n0gHo5t
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right i want it all haha the good the bad & the ugly
the lowdown on this gun & its ability to be upgraded made to look even more unique

what will i need to upgrade straight away
what would i need to upgrade after a while
best places for bits & bobs

That sort of thing thanks.

• Supporters

OK there are 3 types of FireHawk out there:

First lot have the G26 style grip with inside magwell a TopTech sticker on box, red paint on motor plate

basically G&G launched these with some faster running bits inside to get good reviews

most likely got more chance of finding hens teeth up for sale tbh...

still don't know exact specs inside but reckon probably 18:1 or might be 16:1 gears and decent motor (probably not G&G then - lol)

STD FireHawk - for some reason about 6 months after launch models sold out asap, they dropped the G26 grip but people started reporting they seemed not that snappy like many of the reviews first said ???

Turns out after cracking open a std one the gearing was different - aprox 22:1 ???

On shorter barrel guns like FH & mp5k's with 110-141mm barrels it will need a higher spring so presume they chucked in m120 springs but to make their not so great motors not pull a hernia they eased up on the gearing to help the poor thing

Turns out on one I ripped open the bevel has only 8 teeth on it not usual 10 teeth so thus equates 20% from 18.65 gearing to about 22.33:1 gearing

But they never mentioned this - sneaky f*ckers G&G, get good reviews by knocking out a good higher spec launch model

then when everybody wants one, drop the spec a bit or cut corners - very unlike G&G and knock them out to awaiting buyers

Now they may have changed the spec since, but a couple of people noticed the not so snappy response and can only go by my own findings when I cracked one open

The Top Tech remains untouched to this day except for deans connector - which is rare coz normally I have a new gun in bits within an hour of it arriving

The HC05 DSG ill fated, ill thought out model that both sucks & blows at same time

There is no semi on this - massive review on this, not great out of box performance but no semi when most cqb is semi only is a major f*ck up of G&G's R&D dept. Guys do not work or design stuff whilst under the influence of drugs.

Think this was the same team that designed all G&G mosfets and the reliable flawless ETU unit - ooh slight tone of sarcasm there

That is the 3 models that seem to exist - hopefully the HC05 is buried - honestly do NOT buy one

you can get a std one pi$$ing all over their HC05 very easily so just avoid !!!!

STD FireHawk, best upgrade would be a black stubby fixed M4 stock - yes I know I go on about it

but on some mid/longer guns a stubby is too short

but on a titchy FH you will be quite likely have the thing tucked in tight to ya so a stubby will be fine to use

The FH's stock, the GOS-v2 means the battery goes in stock tube so you are limited - quite limited to battery space

you probably will be using 7.4v stick type of lipo's in there, which if gearing is a little lame is not going to be ultra snappy

yes you could fit a crane stock on there but tbh a stubby stock is going to allow you to use almost any battery like a 9.6v

or a moderate 11.1v 20c lipo perhaps - even cheapy block lipos starting at say £8 or whatever you can source

That really is about it tbh - you are going to use it for cqb so going nutz on mental rof/response or mega accuracy is not that critical must have upgrades n crap

yes barrel lengths may not matter a great deal but think a barrel of say 200mm+ should give you better groupings mid-range than a tiny short mp5k

then again a GBB pistol can kick some ar$e but you get the idea of what I'm trying to say it may not be the ultimate woodland primary weapon

BUT - we are talking about a fun gun designed mainly for cqb or short to med engagements really so you probably just use it as is than start messing about with much barrels which tbh look wrong imho

(you might be able to squeeze a 141mm mp5k pdw barrel in there over the 120mm barrel but really will it make that much difference)

Now you can use almost anything you wish for urban/cqb - no doubt somebody will bring a dragunov to the Mall to prove a point

But all points aside it is mainly for cqb but what a nice easy to pick up & use fun cqb gun

avoid trying to stick great big long stfu barrel/suppressors or crap on her - totally looks wrong imho

but who am I to tell people what they can or can't do with their guns - their money & their gun at end of day

nice small light gun to have fun with - bit loud but guess you get used to it or turn deaf

pack some paracetamol maybe if not for you then ya team mates - ain't that bad really but certainly gets noticed with its loud crack

• Supporters

It'll perform great out of the box, it's got plenty of rails on it so add whatever you want, lol.

Red dot, 7.4v lipo, strobe torch, flash-mag and a foregrip should do nicely for CQB.. :)

nice small light gun to have fun with - bit loud but guess you get used to it or turn deaf

pack some paracetamol maybe if not for you then ya team mates - ain't that bad really but certainly gets noticed with its loud crack

Holy bible batman thank you very much brilliant read i've only found oneplace with them instock..and i've no idea if its the bad one or not :-S

will PM you the link

• Supporters

it will be the std FireHawk not TopTech they are long gone

The HC05 is about £15 more and reckon most places will not be restocking these models as it is quite accepted just how dumb it was to produce

it has 9mm ceramic bearings but some have 3mm inner races and 4 out of 6 have weird 5mm inner diameters

so coupled with only 2 bearings that people could ever use, limited 9mm bushing/bearing options compared to regular 8mm G&G boxes

the crap no semi dsg - it is a major screwed up idea they created

Hence a std firehawk - use as is for a while, maybe stubby is about all you might need....

if she goes pear shape - then consider say some 16:1 gears n stuff but honestly just forget even glancing or considering a HC05

it is fine as it is - honest

airsoftzone has them I think

LWA also have the std ones - no longer stock or list the HC05 at all

extremebbguns have them but not sure how great they are but 2-tone options include about 5 colours including pink for the ladies out there

don't rush into anything - if in doubt ring around or check out any s/hand ones might pop up from time to time

just ask to confirm/check if it fires one shot on semi - sounds daft but the HC05 is identical except for one letter on iD code on box

HC05 will just go full auto on semi - if so then tell them no thank you

Well i've a month give or take a week..ok mostly take a week till site opens up
but..typical me i have zero patience XD

so i'll be ordering by no later than the 16th

• Supporters

give Zero one a bell to see when they expect delivery

coz at least their 2-tone service is free - postage a little higher than others

weigh up all options and then decide......

now to really confuse matters there is this:

http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/036-agm-mp036-cqb-aeg.html#.V0zCA9QrKt8

£140 full metal - use RC10 and with free shipping comes in at £126 if the 10 code still works

before you fall off your chair - box may only have 6mm bushing/bearings

but bought one in bits from majormanni a while back and don't seen too bad for price

(think it wasn't gun failure as such but more tech failure tbh it seems quite well built for money)

The 2-tone bits can be replaced blah blah blah.....

actually - still get a FireHawk - that sexy loud beak makes it stand out

but if all else fails, nothing in stock and really strapped on a budget that AGM with its metal receiver is not the worst thing you could buy

soz to give you too much info/options - FireHawk is still the better gun if you can afford it & in stock

Damn - did I really give out all this crap in one evening - f*ck me how sad is my life ?

I gotta get out more

soz to give you too much info/options - FireHawk is still the better gun if you can afford it & in stock

Damn - did I really give out all this crap in one evening - f*ck me how sad is my life ?

I gotta get out more

Damnit man did no one ever tell you not to confuse the mind of a simple man XD

this is why i was so screwed last week i was getting a Cyma AK but then..it got confusing with the numbers then there was talk of pot metal on the one i wanted

so i changed my mind to a combat machine m4 blah blah..all well and good then i see that sexy fireduck and well now i want that haha no more options airsoftzone have it..we've worked out its the STD code so no dodgy fullauto semi nonsense

just waiting to fiddle my funds around & bobs your uncle will be the proud owner of a firehawk

Max fps with 0.2g bb is 330fps, all guns will go through chrono before they will be allowed into game

Max bb weight is a 0.25

Single shot only at all times (trigger spamming is not single shot)

well these the rules my gun will have to cater for..i pray there is no "bang bang" rule but with the age limit set to 11 i fear there will be..i hope this site does not turn into a daycare center for parents looking to fob their hellish spawns children off while they shop haha

Max bb weight is a 0.25

Dare I ask what site set that retarded rule? Doesn't matter what fecking weight it is, it isn't going to hit the target with any more energy /facepalm.

Dare I ask what site set that retarded rule? Doesn't matter what fecking weight it is, it isn't going to hit the target with any more energy /facepalm.

Gunman Airsoft Midlands/Grange live gaming

And strike that off the list of playable sites nearby then.

sadly its all i've got as i cant travel to kidd/coventry atm

OK which cock bought up all the remaining stock of firehawks..zeroin had stock (of the not bad one) for about a day maybe two and now even airsoftzone has gone outta stock

there must be someone i could blame

• 1 month later...
  • Mostly Retired Moderators

OK which cock bought up all the remaining stock of firehawks..zeroin had stock (of the not bad one) for about a day maybe two and now even airsoftzone has gone outta stock

there must be someone i could blame

Hello mate,

I've just seen that Patrolbase have some of these in stock now.

Go go go!

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/g-and-g-combat-machine-firehawk-m4-stubby-black.htm#.V4yx_svTXqA

I've been in the same boat as you, so I'm gonna go and order one now!

Archived