Scope recommendations please

Jason8
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guys, I'm in need of some recommendations for a scope for an M4 for woodland, based on experience please.

I'm fine with how scopes work and the associated power numbers, I'm just not familiar with 'airsoft scopes' which are essentially copies of something real world.

I know what I like and in a perfect world that would be an Acog or an Elcan Specter type sight.

Examples:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sights-scopes/we-phantom-4-x-32-specter-sight.htm#.V0xUqJErL-g

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182124608202?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-sights-scopes/asg-strike-systems-dot-sight-1-x30.htm#.V0yES5ErL-g

I know these sights are glorified far eastern mock up's, but does anyone have any 1st hand experience with any such sight that they would recommend as actually 'not bad to use' as in optic quality, my budget on this is up to around £150.

Cheers fellas.

I would say it depends on what type of site you play at. Personally I've gone for a holo as I play at a CQB Site ( Bunker UCAP ) But.. One of my mates has the Phantom F Sight and I've had the use of it a few times. Pretty decent would definitely recommend getting some screen protectors if you get it

• 2 weeks later...

What sort of magnifications do people use generally, I have only ever used iron/dot sights and have no idea what is the min/max magnification that is actually useful?

What sort of magnifications do people use generally, I have only ever used iron/dot sights and have no idea what is the min/max magnification that is actually useful?

I have found a load 4x non adjustable seem to be the cheapest but I wasnt sure if paying out for one that did say 2-7/9 would be better. I wanted to ask as I didnt want to get a 4x only to find I don't need it!

• Head Moderator

I have a VisionKing 1.5-5x32 scope on my AEG. It ihas very clear optics (an important consideration), and enough magnification with adjustment, red/green short dot, and costs less than £100 with mounts. I bought it so than I could locate players outside, it is very useful as a spotting scope, the 32mm lens gives a better field of view over the 26mm lens. Also you can see where your shots are hitting. I normally leave it on 1.5-2x magnification for wider field of view, and then simply zoom in if I want to look closer at object/person. Best magnification is what works for you.

• Supporters

Fixed magnification scopes have much better picture than the zooming ones in the same price range.

4x is enough for normal sniping. Extreme long sniping (80-100m) might need 6x.

I've been using the same cheap 4x tasco scope on my sniper rifle for years. Actually it's the 3rd rifle under it. :) It's awesome. It would be perfect if it had an externally adjustable top turret.

I use a T1 micro Dot replica from Egay it came with a killflash and is crystal clear perfect for what I use it for but there magnification on it.

I have a VisionKing 1.5-5x32 scope on my AEG.

Thank you all for your in put I was looking at the visionking as someone had linked it in this thread but I thought I would see if a cheaper alternative was viable.

In regards to clarity has anyone had one they would recommend avoiding (apart from unbranded knock offs are there any notorious brands)?

Iv got a cheapy ASG X4 Acog which is very clear. Cost me £40 I think new? I also stuck a Rmr red dot on top which I use mostly. The X4 comes in handy for spotting etc.

Thanks for all your input fellas. I went quite inevitably with a 4x acog in the end, as I thought I would. I just love the look of them, bit old school if you will ( me and the scope..).

The plan is to fit the RMR above it a little later.

Archived