Gate Pico AAB vs Nano AAB vs Airfet

Trojan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Wanting the cheapest Active Break MOSFET possible that won't break down on me/turn into molten lava.

• Supporters

Nano AAB is about the simplest install you can get....

splice in a pair of dean connectors, after modifying the wiring of course

solder wire/wires to switch - you get the 1/2 wire connectors

plug in - job done with most of Gate Stuff

later on if you wish, you can remove/swap/upgrade/try out other fets by ensuring they have same plug in dean connectors blah blah blah

I have a basic 3034 mosfet on deans with block connectors for fet's supply/signal thin wires

easy peasy testing, if all ok proceed with final reassembly & finish off soldering its own mosfet

just makes it quick n easy all round really - Gate use them for their stuff or most of the "modular" fets with deans

so on that bit I'd say Gate Nano AAB over the Pico, but all depends on room available I guess

each install/gun will be different - I'd choose Gate as they are established, debounce fuse blah blah blah

many said Gate blah blah blah

unsure about airlab having fuse or debounce so Gate is going to my vote

• Supporters

Don't worry folks, reddit's got this one.

too late I was on the 3rd chapter of the sequel to my war n peace novel

I got Warner Bros on the phone trying to buy the film rights to this epic tale of modding woes & misfortunes against a backdrop of turbulent times of fellow players guns failing. Can anything be done, will anybody listen and ultimately.....

Does anybody really f*cking care ???

ahh well I don't care anyway if they don't buy the book

first 7 publishers turned down JK Rowling - so there is hope for me yet

(actually I really think sometimes I am beyond help, so I'm not holding out for too long)

Don't worry folks, reddit's got this one.

Is it that bad to have different opinions?

Nano AAB is about the simplest install you can get....

splice in a pair of dean connectors, after modifying the wiring of course

solder wire/wires to switch - you get the 1/2 wire connectors

plug in - job done with most of Gate Stuff

later on if you wish, you can remove/swap/upgrade/try out other fets by ensuring they have same plug in dean connectors blah blah blah

I have a basic 3034 mosfet on deans with block connectors for fet's supply/signal thin wires

easy peasy testing, if all ok proceed with final reassembly & finish off soldering its own mosfet

just makes it quick n easy all round really - Gate use them for their stuff or most of the "modular" fets with deans

so on that bit I'd say Gate Nano AAB over the Pico, but all depends on room available I guess

each install/gun will be different - I'd choose Gate as they are established, debounce fuse blah blah blah

many said Gate blah blah blah

unsure about airlab having fuse or debounce so Gate is going to my vote

good stuff as always mate.

• Supporters

The fact of the matter is a UK spec full AK with 455mm is going to be limited to how far you can take it aeg wise

suppose you can hpa it and be done with but c'mon how far do some peeps wanna go....

you need nigh on all volume for that barrel - maybe 1 tooth SS but that is it

the long barrel will creep up fps over shorter barrels so lighter spring to stay below 350

which means you get overspin more than a shorter gun using say m110 or even near m120 in mp5k's

if you had the slightly shorter 104/105 with 380mm barrel you could SS 2 or 3 teeth, run a m110 or m115

and have no overspin etc....

probably be fine up to say high 20's or nudging 30 before problems start again

300mm barrel probably fine for 30-35rps if built well SS 4 teeth m120 spring and so on blah blah blah.......

But you won't get a long barrel aeg running really fast because of the maths n physics involved and rise/creep in fps also with longer barrels

(well not still staying at 350fps or under this side of the pond - US sites can run higher spring/fps so you need to take all this into account)

Is it that bad to have different opinions?

good stuff as always mate.

Asking the exact same question in two places has the potential to waste people's time. It's like when students email the same question to three lecturers and then we all get told not to do it.

• Supporters

Asking the exact same question in two places has the potential to waste people's time. It's like when students email the same question to three lecturers and then we all get told not to do it.

at least 3 actually - airsoft society forum re AK LCT n fet choices

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/gate-pico-aab-vs-nano-aab-vs-airfet-132319/

but its cool, we on here seem to be more active than some places

nope edit that - my bad....

4 places:

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?274081-Ab-mosfet-gate-nano-pico-aab

anybody wanna check Arnie's, Airsoft Mechanics or other places to see if we can get any more ???

I mean I know we all seek fast response but this is going overboard a bit - even by my standards

but hey - I'm not worried, I have ignored numerous bits of advice and wisdom as I screw up so much to see for myself

(wisdom is basically learning from mistakes - though some of which could have been avoided if I had followed good advice)

Archived