Sound like a plan?

Rattius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

So, I'm hoping to start playing airsoft soon. I've been looking at the different sites near to me and have noticed the price differences between rental packages and just the 'walk on' fee.

With this in mind and the fact I intend to apply for the UKARA registration after the three games, I think I might be best to just buy a cheap two-tone gun and save on the rental costs, and then buy the gun I really want once I have UKARA sorted. My thinking is that it might not be the best gun in the world but at least I'll save on rental, and still have a gun to mess with, lend to mates?

The gun I'm thinking of is this

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152200410-DG04B-carbine-replica.html

Mainly cos it's super cheap, and I know it will only be a stop gap till I get something better.

Sorry for the ramble but let me know your thoughts, or anything I've missed!

Cheers

Not sure if gunfire will ship to you without the UKARA number. Renting a gun for 3 games will cost circa 75 quid the likelihood of getting something that cheaply is minimal. Where abouts are you playing?

I've had a look on their website and Gunfire.pl provide a two-tone service for people without UKARA, only 4quid! Thats why I was thinking the gun in the link because it's only £65, I don't know if it'll be terrible though!

I'm Midlands based so I'm thinking the MAW and Tac House Spartan to start with!

I definitely would not go for that for a first gun, at £65 i highly doubt you'll get any fun out of it, it'll likely be a poor quality construction with rattling parts and inconsistent performance.

If you really want to buy an airsoft gun before your first game id still recommend a rental for your first game, just to make sure that this is a hobby you enjoy and are willing to commit to.

And as for your first gun, g&g's combat machine series are amongst if not the best for beginners and its price range ~£130. Airsoftzone.co.uk offer two tone starter packs for combat machines.

Having owned a g&g cm16-l i can tell you that these are beastly little things. Plus you could always spray your gun black once you've acquired UKARA, i did a CSGO asiimov paint job on my combat machine, check it out a few pages back on the gun picture thread ;p

• Root Admin

Rental is usually only £20-30 and you'll get a gun they'll replace if it's truly naff/broken. I would save yourself the hassle (and possibly some money once you factor in the 2-tone service and shipping) by going the rental route as usual.

Also it won't be bright red.

• Supporters

Hmmm - tough line to tread

G&G Raider free 2-tone from Z1

sell on after ukara or keep as backup/loaner

sell for £100 - you done ok

or

looking at 3 x £20-£25 and you might wanna play say 4 or 5 games before ukara comes through but got no upkeep

tough call tbh - yes you gotta buy battery/charger etc...

but if you get mofo RIF when ukara'd you gotta buy these anyway

not a great difference in it really - can see both sides, so end of day it is gonna be up to you

• Supporters

I looked up that dragon M4. It is pretty good internally for that price and not totally crap externally. It would handle normal use.

It shot around 388 fps very constantly on the test, and that means it will last below 350 and it's not bad at all, because sh*tty quality internals wouldn't be consistent.

• Supporters

The dragon is probably either a rebrand JG/Well or another rebranded Cyma like Spartac

Both JG & Cyma make stuff for quite a few and as Samurai says they are quite good internally

it is probably a cheaper hard possible brittle type of plastic receiver though on cheapy cheap M4's

Still not bad and even if it breaks after 3-6months the stuff inside will be ok for spares

try salvaging anything like that from JBBG etc.. - hmmm maybe the box it came in could be used again or recycled

UK wise a G&G or clear ICS from fire-support is worth a look maybe

Factor in you will want extra mags, a battery, charger and bbs...

Another £50 minimum easy...

Ok the battery and charger will be useful in the future, but if you spend £20 on a battery and charger and realise later you want to upgrade to a lipo thats ANOTHER £30 to spend and the £20 battery and charger wont be worth what your spending.... Also you may decide to change gun type and then your mags are worthless too..

Personally I would rent or borrow a gun for the time being and wait until you can afford/be able to buy a better one you will want to keep and use for some time.

Guest PT247

Why not buy the gun you actually want rather than a "starter" gun. If once you get UKARA sorted you are replacing whatever you buy now it is a waste, just buy a decent gun now but get it 2tone,

• Supporters

Oh no, 2-tone a RIF you really want just for sake of a few games.....

a 2-tone mofo gun like " K " - talk about regret in 3 months time as you are soaking, scrubbing x repeat

It is impossible to answer this one, think we all have our opinions, the OP has to just finally come to popular solution on their own:

JUST BUY MORE GUNS !!!!!

65528575.jpg

• Supporters

love the bit when his pistol totally destroys the target in Police Academy and is asked where he got THAT

My mum gave it to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vom9iLDfb-Y

think he was using one these:

50_caliber_handgun_meme_1024x1024.jpg?v=

think I found his mum though:

50da68ed92ecd53a9d32e319a3262727.jpg

finally as the thread is totally derailed going over a cliff,

my approach is thus:

not_enough_guns_meme_large.jpg?170511404

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I hadn't thought about the 2nd hand market until now so I'll check that out first, otherwise I'll probably pick the gun up I mentioned earlier. You can never have too many guns!! :-)

Just to add, I actually brought a 100£ airsoft gun before I had a UKARA. Lasted 4 games and it just stopped. Stripped it down sold the gearbox and motor (which where Nurpol!) for 50£ and sold the metal barrel and a iron sight for another 30.

So really those 4 games cost me £20 in weapon costs. So its not a bad way to go!

• Supporters

It's gone up to £85 now, booooo!!

you gotta factor in 12 Euro postage as well unless you buy 175 Euro's of stuff for free ship

the offers ended lunchtime today, at least temptation to buy more stuff has gone

now I have the feeling of regret instead - damn you GunFire

you gotta factor in 12 Euro postage as well unless you buy 175 Euro's of stuff for free ship

the offers ended lunchtime today, at least temptation to buy more stuff has gone

now I have the feeling of regret instead - damn you GunFire

Damn you GunFire!! I can't believe I've missed it by a matter of hours, I was going to buy it tonight, I didn't think the shipping was bad really compared to some UK shipping costs. I should have just gone for it! Oh the regret!

Archived