Really dont know what to do...

JellyBelly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm a firm believer in starting off easy like ya first gun/car etc.......

Everything has its flaws, I'd advise people against some of the mid range ETU G&G's

but starters are good value for money - the 30th's were very good value for money but both were front wired

(I prefer rear wired I guess)

once OP gets ukara he can buy loads of decent value for money guns if he so wishes

Some people have a higher budget and prefer to pay more for a better gun/car/pc/TV from the start hence the " K " word

Others might love to pull stuff apart and learn how stuff works with a few tweaks or upgrade as they go = Combat Machine or value starters

(To be honest you either have to be pretty good or pretty stupid to get a TM or Krytac and rip it apart - quite likely making it worse)

Yes me I like messing about with stuff and do this for $hits & giggles so I love the lower end stuff - pointing out any good/bad points imho

5 or 6 general Combat Machines are nigh on all the same meat different gravy - just whatever floats your own boat

Blowbacks I'm not interested in - more stuff to go wrong and I feel it is just a gimmick on what is effectively a toy gun

But many love them - so to each their own as they say....

Plenty of other good makes as Samurai said, in fact the JG & Cyma boxes are better than G&G's v2

But M4 wise, the G&G polymer receivers are better, choice and UK retailers blah blah blah gives G&G the slight edge overall - just

ICS are close second/joint first depending on your opinion - mainly coz fire support are so good.....

If anybody has £300 to spend on first/next M4 then the " K " word really must be strongly considered - scratched record but it is true

If people want a better first gun like their stfu car/TV/pc etc.... then they gotta look at them and not need to worry for upgrades n stuff

Luckily there are plenty of choices out there, many models and variations too

do not judge one make by just one gun or type/length of gun though, it is a minefield like buying anything you will have possible doubts

but hopefully with some research and answering a few of your questions about what is required/desired at what budget

The buyer can make wiser informed and balanced choices when they purchase their new (or s/hand) toy peew peew gun

A good gun helps, looks dogs bollox, but often it is the player not the gun that wins the game

So with that in mind, buy what you like or can comfortably afford without overstretching yourself - especially if new to airsoft

This bit is where the buyer has to decide their realistic budget leaving a bit left to buy good eyepro, battery/charger spare mag or two and good bb's

(f*ck me don't buy a £300 gun and run with 7.2v nimah's with BullDog bb's etc....)

No worries - there is no simple answer to this dilemma of what to buy for first gun but often a good decent starter will not be unwise as long as you purchase a good decent value for money one and progress in stages as & when your budget allows.....

Have fun with ya gun - whatever you choose to use

Hail to the King!

Is that not the " K " word?

• Head Moderator

the " K " word

Have fun with ya gun - whatever you choose to use

All hail the King.

Krytac

Plenty of other good makes as Samurai said, in fact the JG & Cyma boxes are better than G&G's v2

+1 on JG.

Mine is mostly all JG internals. Prometheus barrel and hop rubber, and it's running fine. Never even opened the gearbox in 10yrs of owning it. Never had to :-)

I would either get the gun with the best externals, and upgrade that slowly over time. Or, I would get a TM Recoil Shock. £30-50 at HobbyKing for lipos, chargers, connectors, charging alarms and whatnot. £50 On mags. another £10-50 on good BBs. Sorted. Then slowly buy and mix up your loadout (optional) as you go.

Archived