Help upgrading Dboys Hk416

Charlie Murphy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

*Generic i'm new to airsoft speech*

I'm new to airsoft, but i've done the research, and am aware of Dboy internal problems. I really wanted a HK416 tho, and this is the cheapest model available for me in europe. So im planning to upgrade the internals to make it a decent aeg.

*NOTE: I'm getting the rear-wired version*
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/d-boys-hk416-full-metal-airsoft-aeg.html#.V0iQvPmLSHs

i bought a Dboys/Boyi HK416, im hoping to turn it into a decent Medium/Long range rifle. I'm hoping to shoot around 50 meters (30-60 yards), with a RoF of around 20

What parts should be replaced first, and by what brands?
(If you could give me links, so i see specifically what brand/price)

I'd appreciate the help guys!

Thanks in advance,

Charlie Murphy

• Supporters

Very little tbh

comes with bearing spring guide (plastic but it is fine they do not HAVE to be metal)

piston head (blue plastic head) seals very well - miles superior to other stock piston heads

The piston itself and the sector gear I am not a great fan of but will suffice for modest 20rps

just a bit of ptfe tape to seal it to cylinder, possible o-ring change if seal isn't astounding

The main to change or consider changing is hop unit - f*cking crap clear one to red element accurate g36/prowin clone type

o-ring nozzle would be wise, clear plastic nozzle is not great

often these come in hot 385fps so spring downgrade or Shortstroke a couple of teeth if using a full metal tooth piston

(correcting AoE blah blah blah)

it comes with 7mm bearings which will be ok-ish but pushing higher speeds past 20rps they can fail at 27rps in under 20k rounds

(well mine did :()

but going easy they should be fine...

If and when they fail replace with bushings and maybe a 16:1 gear set - no need to go nutz

motor isn't great - can replace with shs torque or run for a while on higher 11.1v juice with stock motor

though mosfet for long term use would be wise

those are your options to attain 20rps

It isn't a bad gun - quite solid with plenty of weight, 295/300 barrel with 400mm outer barrel extension option included

think the hop is the most people change as stock one is crap (typical d-boyi hop found in other guns they do)

if you decide to use 380-410 barrel then change cylinder as it is ported for the 295/300 barrel

Taiwangun do them for about 190 Euro front or rear wired

front comes with a good size peq box - rear wired is ergh rear wired but their crane stock - hmmm not the best

bloody thing has a screw at back - weird thing to put in, without replacing screw it is fine but doesn't seem to snap shut 101%

(like I said crane stock is not the best - but not the worst)

Very very unlikely it will not have any trades on it, deffo no trades on EU guns coz VFC/Umarex have these

you "might" get a HongKong gun with trades but I wouldn't bank on it these days, a few years back maybe but doubt if they still doing them with trades

only other upgrade - A sling, it has some weight 3.5 to nearly 4kg time you bung on some kitchen sink props etc...

yeah sling would be wise if using all day

magazine's, can be a bit picky, numerous 416's with their magwell's can be pickky so may need to use a bit of tape/velcro to reduce mag wobble and fit nice & snug feeding sweet on other mags you may use

not a bad gun, a few qwirks but it isn't that bad and quite nice after a few little tweaks & mods imho

out of the box has its faults, but if you got a bit of common sense it is a good cheap 416 imho

possible parts list:

SHS red nozzle or zci type 21.45mm aprox

Element IN0804 M4/M16 Accurate Hop-up Chamber

SHS high toque motor (long)

lower spring - m100/105 or short stroke if you feel brave but with new piston like:

Metal rack piston - doesn't HAVE to be SHS, the piston guides allow for rather large/fat pistons that don't bind like in some boxes

(shs piston can be a little loose tbh in d-boys v2)

upgrades later on to consider but not needed - ffs just use the bloody thing for a while....

Gears - SHS if you change at some point with a delay clip

7mm SHS bushings

Mosfet

wiring isn't that bad, better than some thin pubic hair stock wiring in some stock guns

yes it could get changed - but jeez how far you wanna go ???

you really don't need to do much - hop is biggest downfall many including myself say

the rest you can leave for a while until she needs it

• Supporters

only other upgrade - A sling, it has some weight 3.5 to nearly 4kg time you bung on some kitchen sink props etc...

yeah sling would be wise if using all day

Is that all? I long for the day that one of my guns weighs that little... ;)

Archived