Double Eagle M85 G36 Magazine Catch

ThunderSniper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I'm having a little trouble with my very cheap AEG that a friend is interested in, the problem is the magazine isn't catching and so falls out of the mag well rather easily. This is of course no use and I'm just having some problems figuring out the exact way it's meant to sit together!

I'll get some pictures when I have some better light tomorrow morning/afternoon but I would greatly appreciate anyone whom has a G36 especially a Double Eagle M85 (more than likely just lying around as it's terrible!) just taking some pictures of the mag well and more specifically the magazine release catch!

Much Appreciated All!

[Pics Coming]

It's pretty simple to diagnose the problem; the g36 has a mag release similar to the AK - look at it, what's catching onto the mag? Is that part broken or chipped? If so them there's your problem.

If not then is the lever itself the problem?

You could also try duct taping the sides of the mag to make it wider and fit more snuggly into the mag well.

Archived