Best goggles for Prescription Lenses

Trojan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want to get some goggles that are prescription insert compatible. I don't really enjoy fitting goggles over my glasses.

Do you guys find that the Revision Bullet Ant with Rx Prescription inserts is a good buy?

Revision Bullet Ant - £25

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Army-issue-Revision-bullet-ant-goggles-New-MTP-/162065942210?hash=item25bbe206c2:g:~wIAAOSwZ8ZW2CO1

Inserts - £10

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revision-Inserts-Sawfly-Bullet-Ant-/172189746544?hash=item28174f0570:g:GcEAAOSwm8VUvaqV

Prescription fitted - £25 ish online

• Root Admin

This is asked and answered a lot. Use the search :)

Those look fine to me, but the inserts look like they might block off a lot of your peripheral. Maybe look at the ESS V12s as their VICE RX insert is semi-frameless. Same sort of money.

Get a good glaze. You want them pretty thin and an anti-scratch coating for sure.

This is asked and answered a lot. Use the search :)

Those look fine to me, but the inserts look like they might block off a lot of your peripheral. Maybe look at the ESS V12s as their VICE RX insert is semi-frameless. Same sort of money.

Get a good glaze. You want them pretty thin and an anti-scratch coating for sure.

reviews say that they don't impair peripheral vision. even though they do look like they do, i'm almost entirely certain they cant, as they sit very close and so give you a wide field of view. have you had this problem yourself?

unfortunately the vice rx insert is more expense than the pair of glasses! it looks to be around £30. also, getting lenses made for rimless glasses is an added expense.

why would an anti scratch coating help? should i get anti reflective too? my prescription glasses are fairly scratched up, but as they sit close to my eyes, i cannot see them.

• Root Admin

Not owned the Sawflys so couldn't say. They're not £30; £13 on eBay. Goggles are no more than £25 for an unissued sealed pair (including 3 sets of lenses and the anti-fog wipe) - I just bought four sets for a chap in the US that wanted some (they have to pay retail price because they don't have the surplus ones we've got here).

Anti scratch helps because it stops scratches, lol. Less worry when you go to wipe them about messing them up too - you'll be applying anti-fog every time you go so you'll be buffing them a lot more than a normal pair of glasses I'd imagine. Dunno about anti-reflective. I think I got it on mine but have nothing to compare it to so couldn't say if it's an improvement or anything.

Not owned the Sawflys so couldn't say. They're not £30; £13 on eBay. Goggles are no more than £25 for an unissued sealed pair (including 3 sets of lenses and the anti-fog wipe) - I just bought four sets for a chap in the US that wanted some (they have to pay retail price because they don't have the surplus ones we've got here).

Anti scratch helps because it stops scratches, lol. Less worry when you go to wipe them about messing them up too - you'll be applying anti-fog every time you go so you'll be buffing them a lot more than a normal pair of glasses I'd imagine. Dunno about anti-reflective. I think I got it on mine but have nothing to compare it to so couldn't say if it's an improvement or anything.

The ones I described were the Bullet Ant goggles. I think I'm going to stick with the Revision brand. I like the look of their stuff better.

What do you think of the Revision Desert Locusts? About £25-30 imported from the US - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revision-Desert-Locust-Military-Goggle-System-/252400232818?hash=item3ac439e972:g:mO4AAOSwneRXQ2Hh

Yeah, I'll be sure to get the anti scratch coating. Don't think that they work very well tbh and even then scratches can't really be seen.

• Head Moderator

Been over this mate, I've decided on the Revision Bullet Ants with their prescription inserts as their gear is better reviewed and is less likely to fog. Also costs the same (£25 goggles + £10 insert + £prescription)

• Root Admin

They're all more frequently reviewed by the Americans because they don't shell out for the full cost of ESS V12s. We have the luxury of an MoD that ordered about 3 times more than they needed, lol.

The V12s don't fog close to as much if you remove the sponge btw; they're for use in dusty environments so it's in all the airflow channels.

They're all more frequently reviewed by the Americans because they don't shell out for the full cost of ESS V12s. We have the luxury of an MoD that ordered about 3 times more than they needed, lol.

The V12s don't fog close to as much if you remove the sponge btw; they're for use in dusty environments so it's in all the airflow channels.

The MoD also orders in Revision Bullet Ants, which are military surplus now, just not the desert locusts.

Check out this British review -

• Root Admin

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the Americans - who make up the vast majority of the people who buy and review anything like this - don't buy the V12s because they're expensive for them.

Go ahead though - I'd be curious to know if those really don't block peripheral vision because they look very much the same shape as the V12s but just looking at pictures of those solid frames makes me think they cut into view by about 3-5mm at least. I know I can see to the very edge of the glass if I look in one direction or another, but I'm probably missing something so it'd be nice to know.

The other thing I bought the ESS ones for is that their inserts can be used with the ICE, NARO, Crossbow, Crosshair and Suppressor eyewear so it's just a case of unclipping the inserts and putting them into a new pair of glasses. I'm not sure if the Revision ones do that but it may be worth checking if that interests you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived