Danny Noob from Melton Mowbray :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Tasted my first airsoft experience at the weekend at MAW just outside Melton Mowbray and im already hooked.

Met a very nice bloke called John (Think that was his name) from Spalding/Peterbrough way, He helped us out loads even let me and my mate borrow his M4 mags as the rentals were a bit temperamental, so on the off chance he is on here thank you very much :)

Going agin on the 12th to the same place as its 2 minutes away from my house but can't wait to try different sites in the area.

I was there as well on Sunday. Fun day though tempers got a bit frayed after lunch time. Anyway glad to see you enjoyed it.

The Gaol in Oakham is the nearest site to Melton apart from MAW. On an old prison complex so very CQB - completely different to MAW.

Ahhh Ashwell prison, someone did mention that Sunday, have you played there before, if so whats it like? I found it funny but think thats because it was the first time, do marshals usually lose their cool like that?

It's my favourite site in the area - Justin and the crew run it really well. They do both regular games and Wednesday night shoots. I tend to go to the Wednesday night ones more since I don't often have weekends off. It's a lot of fun sneaking around the site with the lights off.

As for the marshal incident at MAW: it's not often dollies get thrown out of the pram like that. Think it was just the one off because he was tired of being shot repeatedly. That said he should really learn not to step into a firefight since people will use him as cover haha

Will definitely check it out! Does it have a website or Facebook page?

I had to go to him at missle silo mid firefight with a dodgy gun, i was getting peppered and i had thick clothing on can imagine its abit sensitive on bate skin 😁

http://www.thegaolevents.com

Worth joining the Facebook group as well since that's where all the special events and regular ones get posted. Next month they're doing a "The Division" themed game day. Going to be awesome!

• Supporters

Hi Danny, I'm the guy with the expensive trousers that lives down the road from you :P

The 'outburst' at MAW was most out of character from the usual vibe onsite, but as said kinda obvious you're gonna get shot if you stand in the middle :rolleyes:

Haha how you doing mate? Im quickly learning that this is going to be an expensive hobby if my ever expanding wishlist is anything to go on :D Me and my mate Carl who was with me are going to go halves on a few guns to start with to drop the cost and get a understanding of whats what then once we are set on which set up we will go our own way.

Are you going on the 12th? If so you will see us at MAW and i hope to have some boots now i know what im up against :)

• Supporters

I'm good thanks, I don't dare add up my total expenditure, I reckon I'm worth £1.5k at any given skirmish :o and there's still stacks of other kit...

Unsure if I'll be there on the 12th, but yeh any decent pair of hiking/surplus boots will see you well

Archived