my first experience of cheaters with hpa guns

mimozine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How about the fact that the biggest nobs who overshoot and generally take the piss are drawn to hpa?

Its not that hpa is the problem its just that it has become the weapon of choice for the wrong sort of players and that rep is now starting to tar all those who use it correctly.

Agree with this,

Unfortunately the majority of my bad experiences has been with people who have HPA units, as I have said many a time I have friends that use it and use it safely.

Yet, it does seem to be the weapon of choice for the B********

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the high endness of the hpa guns does seem to attract some of the most elitist motherfuckers going i cant quite remember the name but there was this big team in america well known for being some of the worst idiots to play with going and they were all using hpa.

So, really the thread title should be about the arses the thread is about and not HPA, throwing fuel on the HPA hate fire?

well i suppose its mainly about the idiots, not only were they over the fps but they were ignoring hits. they were not even really that good at playing, we played two goal oriented games against them (semi auto only) and kicked their arses. its was only the full auto game where they hosed us down.

but i must say i'm not a fan of how easy it is to cheat with hpa weapons. and how the rate of fire compounds that problem.

well i suppose its mainly about the idiots, not only were they over the fps but they were ignoring hits. they were not even really that good at playing, we played two goal oriented games against them (semi auto only) and kicked their arses. its was only the full auto game where they hosed us down.

but i must say i'm not a fan of how easy it is to cheat with hpa weapons. and how the rate of fire compounds that problem.

Polarstar recently put in a feature in their FCU to separate rate of fire from the mechanical aspects of rate of fire, one can now set a trigger lockout if you want a rate of fire lower than 60rpm.

It effectively means a semi-capable DMR can be made to fire at the same rate as a BASR.

My personal opinion is that HPA could potentially be a thorn in the side of Airsoft. watching the crime bill committee debate which was posted in the UK law section of this forum. I can see HPA being used against airsoft as a valid argument.

If you have a system that can be easily modified to fire at the rates they can be & beefed up on the fly I really can see a very clever person who is skilled in the art of debate rubbing their hands with glee at this system being in existence. Especially when people just keep on posting you tube video's of the HPA system being modified to ridiculous levels.

I'm not pretending to like the HPA system. Neither do I mind who has what, but I honestly see it as a potential issue that can be used against the hobby in legal debates.

Its a shame we are in this situation in the first place but idiots are all around us & some are allowed to operate computer keyboards without the use of a helmet.

I'm not pretending to like the HPA system. Neither do I mind who has what, but I honestly see it as a potential issue that can be used against the hobby in legal debates.

So how is paintball different in this regard? :)

• Root Admin

It's not easy to cheat with HPA; it's easy for site owners to be lazy and not take 5 seconds to check tournament locks. The safety measures are in there and it's your site letting you down if they're not making sure they're used.

I really hope you take this up with the marshalls and don't put the blame where nothing can be done. It'd be easy to bitch until the cows come home about how HPA makes it easy to be a bit of a knob with, but ultimately that's exactly why you're paying your money to these professionals - to keep you safe. Manufacturers have known this for years and integrate tournament locks for this very reason.

I'd also stand by the fact that RoF should be restricted, but again this is something you should take up with the site. Your money is important to them and their cronograph likely measures RoF already.

• Supporters

Paintball markers aren't considered to be RIFs so aren't covered by the vcra.

Couldn't care less about Paintball

HPA will not be used as an arguement against airsoft because just as easily an arguement can be made to just ban HPA systems from the sport.

HPA systems wont be banned because it's a frivolous act to anyone outside the sport. If the gov has issues with airsoft guns it will be because they are RIFs... not because they shoot plastic bbs at 40+rps lol.

I'm not even sure why the RPS of HPA has been brought into this....

I don't think people without tournament locks should be able to use HPA systems personally but it doesn't bother me that much.

If your parallel universe existed where HPA was banned from airsoft and RPS was a contributing factor, then how far would it go? No MOSFETs? No batteries above 7.4v? Only able to use one brand of green gas? It's all a bit silly.

I'm not even sure why the RPS of HPA has been brought into this....

I don't think people without tournament locks should be able to use HPA systems personally but it doesn't bother me that much.

If your parallel universe existed where HPA was banned from airsoft and RPS was a contributing factor, then how far would it go? No MOSFETs? No batteries above 7.4v? Only able to use one brand of green gas? It's all a bit silly.

Adding to this (not disagreeing), But:

Why should HPA users be less trustworthy than any other players? :)

And, what reason other than incompetent staff is there to ban anything not innately dangerous.

And, what reason other than incompetent staff is there to ban anything not innately dangerous.

My biggest concern with other new HPA users, is their reluctance to get their tanks hydrotested yearly, or when buying 2nd hand - completely oblivious to the fact that they've effectively got a bomb on their person if it fails catastrophically whilst under pressure.

• Root Admin

HPA users are some of the least educated on their equipment that I've seen. The ease of it means that anyone with a fair amount of spare cash can get into it quickly, and like you say the correct procedures are rarely followed. Hydrotesting, keeping your regulator lubed, not using oil-based lubricants anywhere etc.

It's only a matter of time before someone loses their spine to a cheap, untested tank. It's happened in paintball.

• Supporters

My biggest concern with other new HPA users, is their reluctance to get their tanks hydrotested yearly, or when buying 2nd hand - completely oblivious to the fact that they've effectively got a bomb on their person if it fails catastrophically whilst under pressure.

Under European directives It's every 2.5years for a visual, 5 years for a hydrostatic test on big cylinders, 2years visual and 4year hydrostatic on small 0.5l cylinders >>>> http://www.ukdivers.net/equipment/cylinders.htm

it's not that by using HPA you immediately become less trustworthy, it's just that it is MUCH easier to increase your power straight after a chrono test just by upping your PSI on the regulator.

it's not that by using HPA you immediately become less trustworthy, it's just that it is MUCH easier to increase your power straight after a chrono test just by upping your PSI on the regulator.

Ah, this is so circular, lol.

Guest PT247

My ASG Evo3 I could change the spring in under 2min so probably just as easily as I could up the fps on my GHK G5 when it was on HPA..... ban all airsoft guns I say! ;-)

Under European directives It's every 2.5years for a visual, 5 years for a hydrostatic test on big cylinders, 2years visual and 4year hydrostatic on small 0.5l cylinders >>>> http://www.ukdivers.net/equipment/cylinders.htm

And yet, most UK dive centres get their bottles tested yearly. Because safety is always the primary concern, and testing costs almost nothing.

Archived