my first experience of cheaters with hpa guns

mimozine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

played at my local site today, a team turned up kitted out to the eyeballs. didn't think much of it to be honest, people have had kit like that there before, and i don't mind taking hits anywhere really.

the first few games were semi auto only, because of their major rounds per second,but even there you could tell they were hot.

my gun shot at 340 and has a good range but these guys were firing well beyond my range and it still felt like getting stung by a bee through my trousers.

i asked one what fps he was at and the reply was "dunno"

what really took the biscuit though was the last game they played, essentially cqb around stacked barrels. one guys decided to ignore all my hits then full auto me in the face. i managed to get my arms across my face after the first 4 or so shots hit but i was still dripping blood. thank god for the beard lol. but its only a matter of time before these cowboys blind someone.

oh staff did nothing btw.

there must be someway of regulating these idiots?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What site mate?

These hpa guys were they decked out in all black gear by any chance with dye i4 masks?

Interested to know why hpa guns should be banned due to the actions of a few people..

I have dealt with AEG users cheating with high FPS and such. (Those using katana systems) I don't want all AEGs banned Because of this...

I definitely agree sites should be quick to check guns and ensure that if there is a way that FPS can be changed then it is securely locked (I.e tournament locks etc)

no chrono on site? were all guns checked?

if it was me I'd raise my concern to the site owner and based on that would then decide to go back or not. Plenty of sites around these days...vote with ya feet.

My only gripe with hpa guns is the ridiculous fire rate you can get from them

We suffered at blitz cqb with them, the fire rate they could put out on semi was simply crazy and mimicked full auto almost something a gas user or an AEG user could replicate.

I have friends that use hpa so don't want to see a ban but some stronger regulation

It seems more and more the hpa devil is being mentioned sadly

Interested to know why hpa guns should be banned due to the actions of a few people..

I have dealt with AEG users cheating with high FPS and such. (Those using katana systems) I don't want all AEGs banned Because of this...

I definitely agree sites should be quick to check guns and ensure that if there is a way that FPS can be changed then it is securely locked (I.e tournament locks etc)

As i said its my opinion, they're countless videos on youtube of people abusing hpa guns. people who enjoy 'lighting' people up. unfortunately sometimes you have to take into account the lowest common denominator.

While I've not been to their current sites, I've attended some of their others in the past and this doesn't surprise me in the slightest, tbh.

I got waved through chrono with a 390fps AK one time; so hell knows what else has been allowed!

(And no; I didn't use it. It went straight back in its bag before you ask!) :P

• Supporters

Panda Team 1 is a dedicated Airsoft Team based in the North of England and regularly attend events. Within our team there are experts in the field of technical aspects of airsofting. We pride ourselves in the unique customised look of our equipment

Ooooh

Go Hard! or Go Home!

Be wary you don't receive the same if not worse

couple of sicko's or you pi$$ the wrong nutters off in this world and karma will kick your ar$e

or as I tend to think...

You may not make loads of great friends - but try to make too many enemies if possible

10428544_427497274079470_728172184905923

FFS - and I thought I needed to get a life

Think the tanks are also used to top up some of their ego's looking at some photo's

but yup I'm done on this, I think my obsession is perfectly normal - in fact I think I am nearly normal by comparison

Hope OP is ok but sod this kind of sadistic crap and taking stuff way too seriously

I agree with you Josh that there are videos of people using silly ROF (something that I think all airsoft guns regardless of power source should be limited to around 25/30)

As for the trigger response issue, it is a trade of between that and having to lug around a tank

there must be someway of regulating these idiots?

Like the site chronoing guns and enforcing rules.

It sounds like the site is badly run to me. Vote with your wallet and go find some where else to play.

• Supporters

and the youngster playing with a gun demonstrates pure maturity to me

even in jest - I think it doesn't represent a positive approach

check the cars - all expensive BMW's & Merc's I think - all image/wealth/competition/win at all costs

actually that is unfair to judge like that - could be very hard working easy going down to earth lot...

yeah I got no more to say on this I'm out - just a shame some take it way too seriously is my final say on matter

• Supporters

Ooooh

Be wary you don't receive the same if not worse

couple of sicko's or you pi$$ the wrong nutters off in this world and karma will kick your ar$e

or as I tend to think...

You may not make loads of great friends - but try to make too many enemies if possible

10428544_427497274079470_728172184905923

FFS - and I thought I needed to get a life

Think the tanks are also used to top up some of their ego's looking at some photo's

but yup I'm done on this, I think my obsession is perfectly normal - in fact I think I am nearly normal by comparison

Hope OP is ok but sod this kind of sadistic crap and taking stuff way too seriously

I would love to play against these guys.

• Root Admin

In my entirely biased opinion: HPA is something that - in the wrong hands - can really multiply the amount of ass-hattery that one person can put out due to its ease of use (i.e. doesn't take a lot of teching experience compared to an AEG to get it shooting hot and at a silly RoF), but that ultimately the problem lies with site owners to be cronoing and enforcing the use of tournament locks. All of the newer regulators (and I mean past 5+ years) have tournament locks integrated or available for purchase for less than £15. There's no excuse for site owners not to bring a bag of zip ties and make sure they're properly secured - it takes seconds, and I know I've done it to mine in the past just to put people at ease. RoF is another issue which I'm completely in favour of capping at 30/s, but really the actual damage comes from that muzzle energy.

I really hope you follow this up with the site owner and perhaps carefully suggest that they give due attention to the cronographing itself - it's part of the reason why you're paying them, and their insurance hinges on the fact that they're doing their job properly and not leaving things down to players being honourable.

Sorry you got messed up though - that can really ruin a day especially when you know there's not much you can do there and then.

• Supporters

I would love to play against these guys.

Think I should invite them to a private game over here? Higgs, ASB, and myself would sooo love to teach these guys a few things about high FPS...(my VSR is rated up to 730 FPS, no, i run it at 500, but the option is there...)

Man, those guys suck.. Gives a bad name for airsofters, though those people just seem like scum, they'd say something like "oh we weren't checked" ok then. Next time, I'll turn up with my legitimate ak47 (as I will not be checked) and see what mad kill streak I will go on..

It not fair to give someone more pain than the minimal. I'd say all sports have their value of pain, cricket (got hit right on the thigh when in bat, while being forced to play for the school team) football, rugby. Counting paintball and airsoft.

But, "ok sorry pal, I shot you in the head once, I had nothing other to aim at" "let me just shoot you 4 times in the same place after, to make sure you know that I am the essence of man..." NOOOO that's purely scum.

Guest PT247

Dotgtag Holmbush has an MED for AEGs, I think that is the best way to control this. Ok you could still get rinsed at range but at least the power would have dropped a smidge by then. They would I guess still be able to spam the trigger in closer ranges but at least they would have to put the effort in to do so.

Site is to blame 100%. If you go back then you will be to blame.

Find a responsible site dude.

Archived