Choosing the right Lipo?

Heps_417
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

when it comes to Lipo I've read up time and time again on how the C rating works however... when it comes to choosing one I'm not sure which Lipo to really get! I plan on purchasing the G&G Firehawk, I've read up that their only really to be used with a 7.4v Lipo no mention on the Mah or C rating, I'd like a little guidance as to what Lipo can this gun run comfortabley! Any help is appreciated!

• Supporters

when it comes to Lipo I've read up time and time again on how the C rating works however... when it comes to choosing one I'm not sure which Lipo to really get! I plan on purchasing the G&G Firehawk, I've read up that their only really to be used with a 7.4v Lipo no mention on the Mah or C rating, I'd like a little guidance as to what Lipo can this gun run comfortabley! Any help is appreciated!

Better question would be why do you want buy that gun? You might as well keep your UMP your swapping iffy for overrated iffy.

Good standard lipo for stock guns is a 7.4v, 1300Mah 25c

Cheers Hef! Also how long would that last? Would 2 suffice for a game day?

Better question would be why do you want buy that gun? You might as well keep your UMP your swapping iffy for overrated iffy.

I was eyeing up a G&G cm16 srxl, I've not heard a bad thing about the G&G line compared to UMAREX I know what one is rather have

Cheers Hef! Also how long would that last? Would 2 suffice for a game day?

Easily

Then you haven't looked enough.

What is your budget?

well I skirmish say once a month, so I don't want to fork out loads for something I'd use occasionally, my budget is around £300

• Supporters

Ease up on trashing the FireHawk :)

(my baby first RIF I bought)

yes std one is lame 21:1 gearing

and HC05 is like ashtray on motorbike

but my TopTech is lovely with a stubby stock and block lipo's

(loud bitch but as I refer to gun as a she - most women get on ya nerves after a while)

ETU G&G's - yup trash away, they are badly thought out just like the lame DSG FH

Firehawk is nice for cqb to medium engagement at best - its a mp5k type barrel length so compact but is never gonna make a dmr with tight groupings n $hit

(pretty obvious but just reminding people that though long barrels don't guarantee accuracy n stuff - very short barrels/guns are ideally suited for different engagements - plus she is a loud bitch so it can get on ya nerves in echoey tunnels/places after a while. But still a fun gun is how I'd refer to 'em)

G&G's are starting to lose the plot a bit but still have an extensive range/choice

All I say is don't get swept along paying £200+ for a G&G

they are good guns @ £150-ish mark but above £200 - hmmm not so highly recommended shall we say

FireHawk's have battery in stock tube which limits your choice of battery......

probably struggle to get 11.1v in there unless you find a titchy baby one but will be low capacity at best

LiFe's can squeeze in at a push but don't bother with 9.9v life's

a 7.4v 1200-1400mah about 20c to 25 will be about most you can squeeze in there on stock

chuck on a fixed stubby and cram in a mofo lipo of say 2200-3500mah 25c+ bastid on deans n stuff

yeah it is fixed but with a modest stick lipo in tube on GOS-V2 thingy you would likely lose a couple of your stock adjustment settings anyway plus as it is a cqb gun you will normally have it tucked into you anyway so fixed stubby is not that much of a biggy tbh

(flog limited stock on fleabay to get stubby and maybe block lipo or two (about £7.50 per cheapy block lipo with 2200mah))

love ya gun - ignore what others might think, your money, your gun but just read up or ask loads before you go nutz

peace x x x

The C rating is how much load the battery can supply the higher the C number the higher output it can deliver. 20c constant over 2 cells in a 7.4v LiPo is 40c max output. The high load is what first gets the motor spinning so as a general rule a higher C number gives more faster response. The higher Mah is bigger capacity so longer lasting but will also mean a larger size of battery. In most cases a 1450mah 20c 7.4v battery lasts me 5 full high capacity mags! For general use and for prolonging the life of an AEG I would stick with 7.4v and find the highest Mah and C rating you can fit inside the battery compartment.

Archived