Hobby King 0.30g BBs - quality?

Trojan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone tried these? If you stay on the page they lower the price to 5.30 and ordering in bulk is quite cheap. 6 packs (15k rds) comes to 36, about 6.30 ea after delivery.

I get all my Lipos from HK but never tried their BBs .

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__79514__HobbyKing_0_30g_Precision_Grade_6mm_BB_2500rds_bag_UK_Warehouse_.html

They seem pretty new to maybe try out a small amount. I wouldn't hold too much hope for them, but who knows.

wondered why there was so little info on these.. HK is a great company so I'll buy a pack to test. How would I know if it is a "quality" pack? Guessing if all are perfectly polished round that's perfect or how much deeper does it go?

Also, what other products are good for bulk 0.3/0.28/0.25s?

• Root Admin

They're alright for some stuff, but they're a budget company and those are cheap BBs. Particularly with BBs (with a couple of small exceptions on overpriced stuff) you get what you pay for. I will say those bags look similar to the ones BB King package their lower weights in, so that already sets the alarm bells ringing a little, but doesn't really say much. Nuprol sell/sold BB King for a while and used different packaging so ya know.

To test them? Look at the surface - look for seams where the mould was and pits in them (like a golf ball). Put a few in water overnight and see if they swell up too much (digital callipers can be good for this). Test a couple on some sensitive scales for weight consistency if you care enough. Hardness is another matter entirely, but the best test is just to use them. The only thing I would be careful of is if they're hygroscopic (i.e. if they swell up too much by taking on water - which the BB King ones do) as that might creep up on you and jam your barrel. That's what happened with a lot of the Nuprol stuff.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I learnt to spend good money on BBs and try to spend less by not being as trigger happy. Green Devils are excellent for .30s if you can get them and I'm hoping Geoffs can be a replacement for most brands I use if their BBs are anywhere near as good as their .40s are. ASG Blaster Devils are consistent too.

Really you might just want to aim more and shoot less :) Buying midcaps helps a lot with this. BBs are not all that expensive when you're only firing 1000-2000 for the whole day.

No no, I do get what you mean. I love being ammo conservative, it adds to the realism and fun, but I'm more of a... bargain hunter than anything. I've had the same 3K ASG Blaster 0.30G bottle of BBs for a few months now lol... I don't know why I want to purchase more but I guess as it's a consumable the thought process goes -> buy a few now and forget about it later. Also, all, bar my original mag, of my mags are mid caps :P

• Supporters

I'm hoping Geoffs can be a replacement for most brands I use if their BBs are anywhere near as good as their .40s are. ASG Blaster Devils are consistent too.

I'm using Geoffs 0.25 and 0.36 too. They're also good.

He has a new range of bios and that one has 0.43 too.

https://www.facebook.com/512090635639823/photos/a.523475017834718.1073741828.512090635639823/538598986322321/?type=3&theater

But it's very very new and untested.

Edit: proffrink ninja'd me

Would I see any noticable range / consistency improvements in slight wind with a 0.30g instead of a 0.25g? It's for a 350fps AEG and just want the heaviest BB that will fly straight for as long as it can. Or should I go even heavier? Will that kill the range?

• Supporters

I use 0.36 or 0.40 in my 345fps boltie. 0.30 is a good one in an AEG if you are after precision. 0.25->0.30 is a quite noticeable improvement for an AEG. 0.30->0.40 is smaller, but I haven't measured it, it's just my eyeballing.

• Root Admin

Agreed. Noticed a difference between .30g and .25g - like the difference between .20g and .25g. If you're playing in woodland and use midcaps then .30g is a no-brainer at this point. Obviously you need a hop unit that can lift them, but I've never met anyone who's had a problem with that.

Archived