Paint or buy new frame for G17 in tan.

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I spray painted the slide for my TMG17 in tan and I really want it full tan now :D

But I don't know if painting the grip a good idea if the paint would wear out fast?

I was looking at buying this if painting a bad idea http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/guarder-original-frame-for-marui-glk-g1718c-tan-2013-eu-ver

I used halfords camo spray and matte lacquer on plastic slide for testing and have my metal slide waiting to be done next.

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Thank you.

• Root Admin

Go for the Guarder frame, it's nicer than the original one anyway. If you want one cheaper then try http://www.rainbow8.com/collections/glock-series - with shipping it'll be around the same, but if you want some other small upgrade parts (or perhaps some other magazines) then it's worth it.

The EU version has the Austrian trades and the US version has the American ones (Georgia).

Thank you.

I bought the paint today for the slide and did the frame at the same time for the hell of it lol.

If I mess it up I will order from that site and get some extra bits at same time.

I post pictures tomorrow of my bad paint job after it's fully dry.

Thanks.

Yeah I could of done that but I don't mind having a spare and I can remove the paint but that's messy lol

I am just not sure how well the paint will hold up when you got hands on it after a while of use.

Going to give it about 24 hours in the warm boiler cupboard to help cure the paint.

Cheers.

Cheers yeah I got some Halfords matt lacquer that worked fine on the plastic slide before.

The paint I used was Halfords Khaki as the camo brown they had looked very dark.

--------------------------------

Update.

I put back together and really happy with it.

It's not great and could of done with another layer but happy with it for now :)

Gp1.jpg

Gp2.jpg

Gp3.jpg

Thanks all.

Archived