Help identifying acog sight.

ghostwalker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks,

I picked up a bunch of airsoft gear from a mate. In amongst it was a few sights. Clone vortex, clone elcan,tasco rifle scope and an acog.

The acog has some skirmish wear, is missing a adjuster cover , but is otherwise absolutely perfect. Sight picture is nice and clear with no scratches. It's a fairly weighty sight and full metal construction.

But I can't find any obvious indication of the manufacturer.

There are full trades on the sight, including trijicon acog with the 'registered trademark R' moulded into the metal on one side of the sight.

Just wondered who the maker may be or if it was even possibly a real steel sight. Also any idea of a rough value as apart from my l86 I don't really have any rifle I want to use it with and may sell it...unless I can find the hens tooth of an acog riser.

Any ways enough waffle here's some pics.

post-11117-0-43487600-1463597028_thumb.jpeg

post-11117-0-48756000-1463597044_thumb.jpeg

post-11117-0-13623700-1463597055_thumb.jpeg

post-11117-0-50751300-1463597074_thumb.jpeg

post-11117-0-88380000-1463597086_thumb.jpeg

Its probably a fake.

The real thing has tritium sights, so you should be able to get an amber glow at night without a battery in. If it doesnt, it's fake.

Cheers folks had wondered. Will see what happens when it gets dark lol. Didn't expect it to be RS though.

Still the hunt continues for a hens tooth in the form of the l85 acog riser

Try some of the milsim groups on Facebook if youre on there. There is a sales and swaps group where somebody would probably be able to help as a lot play with L85s

I'm in the sa80 owners group which I would hope to be the best one along with a few others.

Only seen 1 come up and the guy wanted £50 for the mount...ouch.

Damn, £50!! I sold mine to my friend with a cheap 1x red dot style ACOG for £15...I wish I'd held onto it now lol.

I just managed to snag one elsewhere for £28 posted. So not to bad a deal

Archived